Dreamland Files

blunder1983

I've done the Roswell Base mission and now i need to look for the second base for some more info on the dreamland files. BUT WHERE do i look, i've been at it for months and there is nothing :rolleyes: also i can't do a mission to get the biomass, do i just wait for one or can i send em to retrieve it??

Thanks

Blund

I had the same problem last night, but you just wait, then it pops up, you have to research and develop all the things you can, and keep taking missions, when the biomass starts to spread then you're about a month away...

Steffen

UFO:Aftermath THE GREATEST GAME ON EARTH! :rolleyes:

I got the dreamlandfiles mission when I had expanded well into Europe (I started in the USA on Hard difficulty) bordering on Russia when I got the Kiev Secret Russian Base mission, which after completion lets you research said files and more.

So if you started in the US, expand into Europe asap and as far as you can.

This mission is a hard nut, at least on Hard diff., and this topic covers alternative solutions to achieving your objective (https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=421)

As for biomass there should be consequtive missions for your resarch of the Kiev-one that should yield what you are after.

Personally I like the idea of losing my bases to a problem that I just can't solve *yet*, as it makes the feel of the game and the alien threat more "real" :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I had a real problem getting the first dreamland files (A51), it seems that somehow I won the mission *without* retreiving the AF-PC. I think I may have killed all the aliens on the initial landing screen and that message box comes up and tells you to continue or end, and i must have choose end. In any case, it said mission successful -- and the marker was no longer there for the mission. Without the af-pc I was never permitted to research the initial dreamland (and thus I couldnt research that whole tech tree: alien containment, alien interrogation, plasma weapons, etc...)

It must be a bug with the game code that would allow you to end a mission without getting the stuff necessary to finish the rest of the game.

Ended up having to start a new game (which really pisses me off) in order to do A51 again. Now I'm really freaked out that I'll miss another big piece of the puzzle somewhere and deep six another several hours game time...

Second "dreamland" advance is in russian? Someone want to spoil me by telling me when/where the next couple retrieve an "item" missions are?

I just did the Russian base 1 mission and took the second after Area 51 APC but nothing happens :withstupid:

When my men return to base I get to research alien launcher and ckm nothing else! Should I get sth else like how to keep aliens alive ???

Please help me. I don`t know how to keep aliens alive....

It's not just a "taking a base to expand territory" mission Centauris - it's a special mission, just like the Area 51 mission where you get dropped off by the helicopter right in front of the main gates of teh base in the middle of nowhere. You'd know about it - it had Reticulans on the first part of the mission and more Reticulans with even more powerful weapons inside - sure you're not confusing it with just taking a normal base?

Yes it IS the REAl Russian mission with gates and a lot of retikulans with blasters and stuff... I did the mission and checked that I don`t have the dreamland files researched because I can`t research them anymore! So i loaded the save after area 51 researeched them again and now I shuld be able to complete Russian base and get some more stuff to research :withstupid:;)

heh, i have a problem with the "russia" one.

whenever i load the mission, ufo gives me a error in return. corrupt .vsf archive or something. reinstalling might not help as i installed the games several times with cd read errors. whenever it needs cd2 it begins to blabber about the .vsf being corrupt. i can retry it unlimited times but it will always read a error.

i finally choose to ignore it, and it worked fine until that very important mission...

ARG!