newbie help: cannot even beat 1st mission!

taydar

Hi guys, love the game, but I guess I suck at it.

The mission objectives are to destroy the object in the destination area. There's this weird teepee object in an area marked off with a blue square. How do I destroy it? My ppl won't fire at it, throw grenades at it... is there some demolition pack I forgot to equip?

Yes, make sure that you don't "throw" grenades - you actually have to "attack" with them.

Rather silly, but I guess that's why they added an FAQ in the readme about it. I imagine you might have a long line of people and want the rear man to throw a grenade to the front man.

It does, but only if you haven't read the readme file on the CD. I was defragging at the time so I read it and knew not to "throw" grenades. Otherwise I would have thought the grenades were all on timers or something.

The other possible confusion is with the "use" command. The only things in the game which you can use are doors, so they should have just called it the "open" command. Calling it "use" implies that it has other uses, which it doesn't.

No grenades are fine. I specifically have one or two of my squad mostly packing grenades, so when you get a cluster of baddy's, they pop out and chuck a few nades at them.

The most important thing I've learnt is that when you pickup some good rifles like the M4's and AK's you don't just leave them in your base for later. because you can guarantee theres some morelmen out there with a unique ability for removing your mens health and being out of your range.

*mutters something about ammo for medical packs*