7 man team:
- Four snipers (PSG and AI L115) also with CAWS in backpacks
- Two CAWS users with Smoke grenades. One of them is heroic in hit points and agility.
- One dedicated Medic mule (eight medkits, very slow)
On surface, engage enemy to your right and move there. Toss smoke grenades under own foot when seeing incoming Rocket launcher/Microslug user. Tossing grenades make path to him and finish him off with CAWS full auto.
Then spotter-sniper tactics. Snipers line up, spotter moves to gates. As soon as alien is detected, snipers are instructed to fire, spotter moves diagonally away. Snipers still continue to engage target.
Shotgun camper tactic.
5 people line up properly. Shotgun camper formation is following: first row to the wall is just one tile offset. Up to 3 people. Second row is two tiles offset, up to 3 people. The two tile offset is needed to prevent enemy seeing just one guy in the corner and engage him -- in worst situation, firing a rocket. Take CAWS out, or G11 in full auto/Neostead instead.
1 front guy with heroic agility and hitpoints plays a role of a bait. Once showing his face to alien, he runs back. He is also the one who WILL get hurt through the whole mission. This is however, forgiving - because rest of the team will not be.
-Take all your items from surface, as game will discard them. This is a bug even in 1.4.
- Do not chew through a clip. Reload when some ammo is still in clip. This way, clip will get *magically* refilled when at base.
- Combating Aliens with Alien weapons is not smart, as Alien armor is geared to best protect against Alien weapons. Use Hard weapons instead and try wearing Alien Armor. While Sun Armor indeed protects very good against Human (Ballistic weaponry) its still weak against Hard bullets and against Shotgun Valley. Five CAWS in Autofire from the corner issue over 2500+ damage at blink of an eye.
This is HARD difficulty!
As you see, with right tactics, this mission looks pathetic! Now TFTD on Superhuman on the other hand is really enjoyable...