Odd things about pilots

m00

Ok, i tried to shoot down my first UFO but it doesnt work. My interceptors crashed and i have to rescue my pilot. After i returned him to my base he is in my soldierlist.

Now i have some questions:

1. When i give the Pilot a bodyarmour the game crashes to the desktop. Can anybody reproduce this?

2. What is he doing in my soldierlist anyway?

and 3. Since the time i got my UFO detectionsystem something is happening to military base. It is building something but i dont know what. Does anybody knows something about this?

also you can crash the game if you click on the arrow next to the head of a pilot.

Hi!

Dammit I read all the topics about bugs and stuff and I am beginning to think that UFO:AM should not have been released yet ...

Maybe they should do some mooore beta testing before releasing buggy software? I know all software programs ahve many bugs... well maybe I am over reacting but i am beginning to be afraid if i won`t have problems with installing the game etc etc.....

Aye, it seems to be alright on a lot of machines - I guess with the installer there's only so many compbinations of hardware you can test a game on nowadays.

As for in-game... it's still possible to go through the game and overlook a few bugs here and there.

I think you only have to rescue your pilot when all three of your interceptors are shoot down.

Also i started in europe and my interceptors are Eurofighters. Does it depend one your start location what airplanes you have?

hey everyone. just got the game, it's awesome. i did experience a crash to desktop bu thaven't been able to reproduce it. it happened while moving a grenade from a soldiers hand to their belt. i just restarted the prog and no problems since :rolleyes:

I personally must say i am still encoutered no bug.....for me Ufo AF is more bug free then the moste other games that was released in last time! Homeworld 2, just to show it, crashs still from time to time at the moste PC's without a reason... ;P Or mission Scripts dodnt start to running, etc......

Ufo AF is still a high quality game..it got some little bugs...but it is deffenitly on a high quality level.

I think you only have to rescue your pilot when all three of your interceptors are shoot down.

Also i started in europe and my interceptors are Eurofighters. Does it depend one your start location what airplanes you have?

Yup, pilot missions only seem to be popping up when all three are downed. I guess the other jets find a way to land, pick up the other guy and take off again in 0.05 seconds when they're not all shot down :rolleyes:

And yeah, depending on which base your fighters take off from they can be Eurofighters, Migs and the American ones (can't remember). I'm sure there'll be something else for China and so on, but I haven't taken that much of the world back yet :blink:

Well actually I started in Europe with Eurofighters, and I recently got a base in Moscow which started sending out Migs on interceptions.

It's merely another neat little detail in the game though and makes no difference on the outcome of the interception. So far I've been liking these little features :rolleyes:

ive only had one crash since i got the game yesterday.. but i have been playing all day and seem to have progressed a fair amount... havent reached that moscow mission yet but i have sun armour and have just got some human heavy armour, lasers etc etc.

the crash occured the first time i tried to configure the graphics, some sort of ati.dll dying.. and if i just run from the short cut on desktop it runs in a window, but i can get around this by running the configure proggy and clicking the "launch UFO:AM" button.

Hey guys

Do you know best IT phrase ???

:devil: RTFM - which mean Read The F*&$%$ Manual. :devil:

In the manual it says that you will get rescue mission only if a pilot will eject succesfully for plane (and that is random). But thats only when you loose a Air Fight. So don't worry - one day or another you will have your vengance.

Macio

Well actually I started in Europe with Eurofighters, and I recently got a base in Moscow which started sending out Migs on interceptions.

It's merely another neat little detail in the game though and makes no difference on the outcome of the interception. So far I've been liking these little features :rolleyes:

I didn't know that - a great little touch. I've only done European missions so I've only had Eurofighters.

I also like the way you get the film in "night vision mode" when you intercept at night.

I wish we could control them more though, and set up our own anti-air turret defences. It seems rather "dumbed down" to me.