The Saga Continues..

Aussie

Right here goes...

I have played all the previous X-coms and enjoyed them throughly as with UFO:AM but in this one im stuck. i have now come acros the aliens (Reticulans) with SKY armour and they are mincing my squad every mission i have to replay 5-6 times. i have researched everything i can... i have not done autopsy on reticulans so am unaware of what they are weak to etc...

if only i had a sonic displacer tank :rolleyes:

When I started out, I found the Reticulans incredibly frustrating. the best tactic in enclosed areas (base attacks / defence) is to converge on them in close quarters and have your men (and women) burst-fire on them with rifles. 4 or 5 soldiers can put one Reticulan down easily from close range.

I've just developed the Plasma Rifle, which is superb against them. Very thirsty on ammunition, but give it to a skilled troop and make your shots count. It's got a longer range than their plasma guns, and also does almost twice as much damage.

Other tactics which have saved my ass a few times have been piling grenade after grenade into them, literally have everyone whang one after another at them. Also, using a sniper rifle "softens them up" before you close in for the kill.

Finally, you can always use the RPG to damage them. It's best to aim a few squares in front of them and allow the explosion to do the rest. Also, *always* use cover to your advantage. Fight out in the open (excluding desert missions!) and you're going to get hammered.

Good hunting!

Chris (Kuzanagi)

They seem to be weak against conventional weapons so if you're using plasma or laser switch to assualt rifles, you'll be able to take them down fast enough to stop them getting in a second shot, but unfortunately the first is devastating enough. I'm having trouble with these missions too but switching to basic weapons helps.

i have the plasma rifles laser rifles etc i have loads of heavy weapons i have alien sun armour and heavy armour and am developing sky armour. but now they are using incendery rockets which i can dodge away from but if they hit (ouch is an understatment). and psi weapons converting my people and a psi weapon the does area dammage which is insane it wipes me out every time.

the main problemim having is with the storyline i have the option to go do a story specific mission in stalingrad area and the enterence to the base is guarded by about 10+ and i can't get near it cos they apear on all sides.

my recruuits are levels 10-14 at the moment am i am struggleing, im going to go back to standard weapons and try again tanks :rolleyes:

i'm having a similer problem only i've got past the 2nd secret base mission without a single loss and done all the research so far.

Now the aliens are using those rocket launchers more, but that isn't the main problem it's the damn mind control. The mission i just lost all my squad on i had 3-4 people hit by mind control, all the while not even my sniper could get a decent hit chance, it was a slaugher...

tho i used a big rock to sneak 1 soldier close enough to use her mp7, 2 aliens dead in about 3 secconds that gun rocks! :rolleyes:

Edit: it's a good idea to pay atention to what kind of dmg your guns do, basic alien armour is crap all-round, sun it good vs conventional weapons but a good rapid fire weapon will take most things down quick enough, and sky armour is good vs most energy weapons. Oh and that alien rail-gun (can't remember the name) is NASTY ???

im in love with the mp7 :inlove:

that gun is unbelivable in clos or mid range. i am getting the hang of dealing with them close and in urban areas but the stalingrad mission is really causing me a problem im researching their rocket launher at the moment so hopefully i'll sought it out :rolleyes: