Foldable Machine Gun ?

ZwergNase

I've got the german version, so maybe the translation is a bit weird, but i think you know what i mean.

is there any point in using this weapon? the soldier carrying it gets outpaced by snails and when he finally spots an enemy it takes him hours to unfold his weapon.

or is there maybe an option to deploy the weapon without shooting?

(and by the way : UFO:AM is really cool!)

and now i've got another question not concerning the MG(i don't want to open another thread)

how can i keep my soldiers from taking a second grenade after i threw the first one ?

i throw a grenade and want to take my weapon out again, but the soldier equips his 2nd grenade and puts it back in the backpack before pulling out his weapon.not a good thing to do with a bunch of aliens nearby, i'd say.

The deployable weapons are causing me a few problems just now too, it would be great if you could dploy them at will say by clicking on the crouch button that way in base defences you actually stand a chance of holding off till you can gather squad together.

So patch it up guys and let the slaughter begin :rolleyes:

you need heavy armour for all heavy (doh) weapons, I've used both the foldable four-barrel gun and a later more advanced alien-tech foldable, both works great, but takes ages to deploy, they also re-deploy them if you switch target (bug?), anyway, I've ditched them for a non foldable heavy dual-barrel machinegun, almost the same damage without the deploy-time.

those "foldables" are a great concept.. but weight of that alien thingy is 60Kg? oh jeez, plus weight of Heavy Armor and you will have a squadmate with you who slowly sinks below the ground level.

They're a little bit too heavy.

And I want to deploy them at will! That "crouch/deploy" idea is really good.