About Duck and Cover

Hmm, ok, i play now good 2 Hours the Game, make my first experince and here are my first view of this Game.

It's C-O-O-L

The Story and the beginning is Logical, i can really say the First Part isnt unrealistic. Maybe it would be really like that if this day would come. The Only thing is the Full, i dodnt know really where the hell they get all the Full, they could still make some "Get Support Stuff" missions like Full and Technological Equiqment and so on to support the great Goal, harhar.

Ok, the Weapon handling is good, the Missions are intressting....sometimes a little bit tiring when i seek the last alien, but it's like in all X-Com Game's (Yes, Aftermath is NO X-COM GAME) , seek the Last Alien and Win the Victory, hrhr.

The Grenades are cool....very cool handling.

The only thing that has make me crazy was the Duck and Cover.....there was a Situation where my Soldier covered behind some Trash Can's of a House Area.

I was not able to fire back with my Pistol, and not able to throw a grenade.. -_-

But the Alien 4 Squeres away, at the House wall was able to shoot at me, but i was behind the Trashcans, in "ducking" postions, duck and cover, you know? That make me a little bit crazy, was shooted down with 4 Bursts from this Damn Mutant.

Thats the only problem that i atm encoutered..all other things, research, storyline, plot, etc....is logical and give u a good feeling for the Situation, the Story and the Battle for Humanity. :angel:

I just registered so I could post a question about ducking and since this thread already already exists I might as well post here.

So.. What are the reasons to use duck in Aftermath? It doesn't seem that your soldiers can shoot more accurately when crouched, nor do the enemies seem to have a harder time spotting and shooting at you.

And believe me, when you start meeting the aliens, it gets VERY cool (and hard!).

As for the duck and cover, you have to think of one thing. The alien was standing, and thus probably seeing some of you. A trash can isn't THAT big. AND, remember that there isn't a rifle in this world that can't shoot through a trash can... :rolleyes:

I just registered so I could post a question about ducking and since this thread already already exists I might as well post here.

So.. What are the reasons to use duck in Aftermath? It doesn't seem that your soldiers can shoot more accurately when crouched, nor do the enemies seem to have a harder time spotting and shooting at you.

The soldiers do fire more accurate when crouched, and are harder to hit. But in close quarters combat, it isn't very hard for the aliens to hit anyway, so.... :rolleyes:

And welcome to the boards!

Remember... when you are looking around for aliens, "walk," don't run. You hear more, and your guys will see enemies farther off than when they're running. Then, as soon as you see an alien, press "C" to clear orders, and "V" to crouch down. Always do this!!! This can mean the difference between life and death. Then, adjust your formation to best counter the threat, and you will find that while your closest people engage the target while the rear troops flank around and get better firing positions, you will have neutralized the threat with the least amount of damage and casualties. Then, heal up with your medic, and carry on to the next engagement.

I do miss prone, however. It would have been nice to have a prone position so that snipers could be placed tactically on the map... :rolleyes:

Thanks! :rolleyes:

I love the fact that tactics I learned in the Marines work well here!

My test for any tactical squad-based game is to test the AI against formations and tactics I learned and used in real life. If the tactics work as they do in RL, then it's a good game.

UFO: AM is an EXCEPTIONAL game!!!

HI, i dont know if i imagine things but it looks to me when one of my soldiers stands at a corner of a building or car and the enemy is behind the corner but in my sight of view, they lean around the corner and fire.

Can anyone please confirm this.

P.S.: Why cant my men move crouched, evry time they stand up, move and keep standing.