Grenades

gnipper

How do you use grenades? I can get them in my hand, throw em but no explosion!!!

If i remember correctly, in the original UFO games you had to set a timer - is that so here? Or do you just pull the pin & throw? If so, how do you pull the pin?

All help gratefully accepted!!

ahhh, so kinda like medikits then?

Shame that cos i like the idea of throwing a grenade into a space where an alien will wander.

does the same go for smoke/incendry grenades? cos it wouldnt really make sense to throw a smoke grenade AT an alien (unless its got asthma LOL)

Not exactly, You can throw them over a distance (and you should !!). Just take one in your hand, aim like with a rifle and then "fire". You will then throw an armed granade. If you use the throw button you'll just throw a granade to them (like any other item.

It's Ok if you know how it works.

And about the timer: I think it's more realistic without one. Think about it: Oh, sorry Mr. Alien, can you wait till I got the timer set ,please, so, ready,... It's better the way it is: Throw, duck, boom, Mankind 1: Aliens 0

I had some problem too with the grenades but if you press 'F' and then click on the map you force your character to throw it... the same goes for any weapon.

I have to say that i'm a little dissapointed with the game but i have to play it more to be sure.

I like the way my men keep getting slaughtered (LOL Slaughter) by the one Morelman that keeps poping up with a stupendously high-powered rifle...

I now know to carry two medikits too as I use them regularly :rolleyes:

The UFO missions ar quite hard too and I've only attempted a tiny one...

I find that the missions, while challenging, are very fun! Also, grenades are used by pressing "a," and then throwing them to the spot. Yes, you can throw to a spot on the ground and then the aliens will walk over to it... there is a BIT of a pause before they go off. Wait until you get the RPG's... and more cool stuff later! FUN, FUN, FUN!!!

The Morelmen are hard in the beginning, but after about 30 days, they become your b!*$#@s!!! There are other, far more menacing things that will occupy your time.

MWUUAAAHAHAHAHHAAAA... (no spolers here, buds).