No money

Gonad

I’m not sure about this but it looks to my like there is no need to earn cash in them game from the governments for production and running the bases. AND I LIKE IT.

Was one of the things I couldn’t understand while playing the X-com games: There is an alien invasion going on and the governments let rather die their citizens then spending money to the only defence force on earth. Same with the bases: Now if you lose a base you just have to fight it back; X-com: You had to spend a lot of money to keep it running and if it was destroyed it was gone (and the money).

Hope I didn’t wrote shit (like I said I was playing just for a few minutes).

P.S.: Congratulations to the game developer team: GREAT GAME SO FAR !

Hmm, whilst part of me agrees with you all, I rather liked the fact that money comes in2 it! Afterall, isnt society ruled by money! While its only a game, having or not having money brought another warfront 2the game that you had to contend with. No money no weapons/equipment/vehicles etc. Although you could actually build them. It would have been nice to actually have different types of wpns etc cheap tanks or variants which you could choose to spend on rather than just a model!

If you all disagree just look at the current war/policing in Iraq and it was supposedly an international concern. Oh, well, at least politics is left out of the game. Unlike this post! :blink::rolleyes:

First I must say that UFO:Aftermath is great game in best tradition of UFO:The Enemy Unknown(or X-COM:Ufo Defense),X-COM:Terror of The Deep but also in tradition of previous altar project Original War.I like all mentioned games very much.I like that no money style too.Its also logical-Earth is amost destroyed(asimilated) and mankind must stay togeder and fight with aliens,not trade with weapons etc.But its wery probable that only alien threat is keeping humans,that are alive, from usage of money.

:rolleyes: NO MONEY is fine in AFTERMATH but SUCKS IN REAL LIFE :blink:

NOW I am in a little NEARING-NO MONEY status in REAL LIFE - I of course have an emergency AFTERMATH FUND but no more left for food on CAMPUS - Have to impress some girls to make them invite me for Tea and dinner next week :P;)

Or I will invite them on tea [ that is the only thing left in my room ] and they will bring some tasty "Grandmothers" cake for ME ... :inlove: PS:I have especially one beauty on my mind - she is so cute and big sweetheart - and so are her GRANDMOTHER's cookies :inlove: :angel:

Don't take me wrong I care about the girl only ... Mostly :devil: ... :angel: NO ALL THE TIME :angel:

HAHAHA :devil: :devil: :devil: We know ... The DEVILS

Man I simply cannot help myself - They are so unique ... and in this case my only chance of survival NEXT WEEK :rolleyes: PS:Anyway it is at least funny isn't it ...

And believe me Slaughter I am not some type of Girl abusing JERK ...

I was never unfaithful to a girl When in a serious relation ship with her !!!! BELIEVE me it is true - I am just talking to much sometimes ...

Never talked to Norwegian girl so I have some dreams left ! BTW You like cookies too DON'T YOU ?

COOL and everything is A O.K. as VIRGILL I. "Guss" Grissom used to say - Do you know GUZ - he was one of Americas first seven Mercury Astronauts - He died in APOLO 3 capsule fire when testing on a ground ... SO ANYWAY he used to say EVERYTHING is - A O.K. I like it so sometimes I use it too [Read "EJ OUKEJ"] :rolleyes: PS>We are little off topic here SO coming back to it - How do you look on AFTERMATH with NOMONEY in it - I think O.K. in postapocalyptic scenario .

BTW I have some problems with the AVATAR and personal photo on the boards - and I cannot UPLOAD new ones - If you have time have a look or maybe redirect me somewhere else or to someone who is in charge of this issue :blink::P;)

Money would be the least of my worries. Surviving would be firstmost!

Where does it not say "Screw the money" when faced with a situation like this?

Let's charge for that gun, and although I can see that from some people, I think in this type of action and life, the guy be hung up by his feet or something and tickled until giving in -- as in Lethal Weapon Mode.

Wanna charge for that gun?

Feel better now?

Wanna talk to an alien about the money?

Uh, uh, uh?

:rolleyes:

Hmmm... let's see... 99% of Earth's population is killed... small pockets of resistance fight the alien invaders... and we're expected to BUY things? You don't need to buy ANYTHING when 99% of the world's population is dead. You just take things from the emptied cities. Sure, you have to work your way around the dead bodes, the odd mutant, and perhaps even a few alien troopers on shore leave, but after you dispatch them, search the area (done automatically in the game, btw) and take what you need and want. Heck, take more than you need...

This game is more realistic than would first meet the eye. For anyone that's ever been in a disaster area where everyone just leaves, it's obvious why looting is such a problem.

Fortunately, in the game, we can loot all we want; it's how we get by.