Medpacs - do they work?

Doctocic

Hi all

Got the game yesterday and so far have only played the tutorial. Anyway, when i found Brian i used the medpac on him 3 or 4 times but nothing seemed to happen - he didn't recover health.

Is this something tha happens over time or should it be instantaneous?

Thanks

Doc

If a person is "down," hit them two or three times with the medpack. This will bring them up and get them back in the fight in the quickest way possible. Also, make sure your medics carry more than one, and make sure they're light and fast to be able to run around and heal your guys. They also make the most sense to be the first recipients of the lighter and stronger armors that come along...

It is important to have many med packs, but the last part you say is in fact not so Aevum. I thought as you, that if my soldiers was healed before the mission ended, they would not go to sickbay. But truth is (told by ALTAR) that if they get more damage than 75% of what they can take during a mission, they go to sickbay even if health is full when the mission is over. If they did not sustain more than 75%, they do not go to sickbay, even if they are hurt when the mission ends.

i train all my people, the lowest level on my squad is a level 4 i think, 3 long range cover, 2 medium range combat and 2 snipers, at least 3 of them have medical training, its an excelent squad for urban or base missions, normal for open air missions, bloody awefull for alien base and ship infiltrations, its not a squad to fit in a tight corridor.

Make sure your "medical" skill is GOOD or better for best results. The range is only one square and you'll probably use up a whole "clip" for critical injuries.

I make sure I have 3 kits in a 7 man squad (all held in the belt slot by people with the top medic skills).