UFO & Voodoo5? ^^''''

Treize

Hi,

i just got the game (uk version),

install was fine...

then i started the launcher, and as soon as i try to test a resolution, the game just crashes and i get an error message

"Application Crash"

SymGetSymFrmAddr:487

addr:0x00419473

Stack Walk:6

Athlon-XP 1,2Ghz

512mb Ram

K7S5R

3Dfx Voodoo5 5500 64MB

I have seen other reports on this error with a Voodoo card, and the game doesn't really support it. But I have also seen people getting this error on non-voodoo cards, so I am not sure if it is a bug or incompatibility. Did you patch the game with the 1.2 and 1.3 patch?

Yes, Patched it to 1.3

... changed nothing..

but now i switched to win95 compatibility,

and did some "try and error" with the config file...

the game is running now..

well.. what can you call running...

with about 2fps....

i will try some 3dAnalyze tweaks...

if anyone has another idea, please post it...

i will report back as soon as i have any successes on that matter...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The only news I have for you is that I had to replace my Voodoo 4 4500 with a Nvidia GeForce card when I got Command and Conquer Generals and UFO:AM.

Use google to find the web page that tells you how to remove your old 3dFx drivers, or you can look up a utility called Driver Cleaner. It's helpful to have those old video drivers gone. I believe that the newest version of that Driver Cleaner program cleans out some of the most offensive 3dFx drivers, so that you can get a fresh install of the GeForce drivers when you are forced to finally upgrade the video card.

I couldn't find any other solution to the Voodoo, except to replace it with the GeForce, since I really wanted to play C&C Generals and UFO:AM.

Use google to find the web page that tells you how to remove your old 3dFx drivers, or you can look up a utility called Driver Cleaner. It's helpful to have those old video drivers gone.

Or better yet do as I do. Whenever I replace a graphics card, processor or motherboard I format my OS harddrive. That is the easyest way to remove the old drivers. B)