Cant even Install!!!

MrBanana

An error (-5003 : 0x8004ace4) has occurred while running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: ALTAR interactive.

No other apps running or tried to install this before. any ideas? or do i take it this is just junk?

Since others can install it fine, it's your PC that has some sort of problem obviously. Hard to tell what. Can you provide some more information? What version and language? What hardware and software at your computer? Read these guidelines before posting, and also visit the official forum for help.

Welcome to the boards by the way!

I cant install but for a completely different reason, gets about 4/5ths way into install then comes up with

Missing component:

Component - Main App

File Group - Local eng

File - D:\data3.cab

Error - Incorrect function

has anyone seen anything like this before or encountered the same problem? as soon as this appears the setup program closes when you close the error window. It is the 3rd time i have tried to install it, and have even tried a second computer and had the same message. Both computers are quite capable of running this game without even trying so it isnt the hardware...........

someone help me bofore I scream...

Slaughter m8ie could you put this reply or re-type it into the sticky plz. The problem i've found after a bit of delving into it is that the CD is currupt or should I say the Data is corrupt. The corruption seems to be in its installation file and refuses to recognise that this is a new install and also thinks that you have a previous version on it.

Remedy: Take the disk back to the retailer and demand an exchange (or money back if you wish). The new game i received works fine and do not seem to have any further problems as yet.

Thanks for your time.

Hi people. :alien2:

I was receiving a setup request to install cd0 with data4 on it! Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a data4 file?

Also, I u/graded to XP, and got the "Component transfer error" mentioned above. I have exchanged game at my retailer already (thought it may be a corrupt cd myself), but that has made b*g**r all difference.

Thanks MrBanal,

I suppose you have a cd0, I am not so fortunate (and to reiterate, the file DATA4 is not located on either of the two cds that I[/i] actually possess, the Install and play cds). So I must admit I am a bit puzzled that the installation requires said file.

I apologise if I did not make that quite clear..........................