"How am I supposed to get there?!"

Lord Chambers

"How am I supposed to get there?" asks one of my soldiers over the mic. I don't know how he's supposed to get there either. For some reason this mission has us starting in a blocked off corner of the map. There are two mountains that leave only two accessable squares between them, and they are connected diagonally, so my troops can't move across them. Looks like this:

x = not accessable

o = accessable

ooxx

xoxx

xxoo

xxoo

Awesome. I can't reach the UFO. Saving and reloadnig before I land at the mission doesn't help either. Nor does going and doing another mission first. It looks like the landscape is determined right when the mission appears on the geoscape, so I am helpless to complete this important mission. The UFO is in plain sight, I just can't get to it.

It's funny too, since I just reinstalled UFO:AM after not playing for months, and I was reading up on the new patches (1.2 and 1.3) which have as part of their changelog something about no longer having missions with objectives that are unreachable.

Thing is that these kind of bugs were fixed in the 1.2 version, and then reintroduced in version 1.3. They have said that they will release a version 1.4 to fix this, but until they do I don't think there's much you can do, unless Kret knows something.

Yes Slaughter, the so called transparent window can be opened as a door and then the glass will dissapear.

Additionally, these windows are not so "transparent" since I actually once had a guy open one of these during a transgenant hunt, and behold, a flapper suddently appeard RIGHT IN FRONT of him.

Good thing that sometimes they are already open.

Hehe, I've been greeted more than once by ballon fish and sporeblowers behind doors. An interesting tactic I use, when I don't want to be blowing up each and every door in the base with explosives, is to have my fastest guy run up to the door, open it and don't bother standing but rather rush straight back. 2 or 3 guys would be standing at least 5 meters (squares) away ready to fire at anything that moves from the just recently opened room. The guy is fast enough to make some distance between any nearby balloon fish and prevent the kamikaze attack from ever triggering.

i my self use nades to open doors...or try and go around...

you know that small medic room...wich has a wall and a door on the side...thats where most of my meeting hapen...so i just nade the damn room

and i always keep my uzi handy...i made it very fast fiaring...in such cases...

ohh and if any one whants some new weapons...pm me...cause i'm going to format..so i can get milkshape again

includes pulse rifle....smart gun...m4\m203....new shotgun...new pistols....new mp5..instead of a neosted i have a mini gun...new model snipers..and new realistic bullet clip sizes for snipers... place a correction in aim and demdge

ohh and lurker..i have your gun...but it will look like a normal laser pistol...so just dont use it..and play with the lurker gun...........

ohh and one new alian...was intradused....check my avp page for the pics