X-Com Collector's Edition Sound Problem

jeffsceu

Hi there,

Noob's first post. I have recently reinstalled X-Com UFO Defense from my X-Collector's Edition Cd. Everything's working fine after installation of XcomUtil's patch. However, I am still unable to get any sound.

I have Creative Vibra 128 installed. Is there anyway I can get the sound to work? I have done a search in this section but nothing came up while the FAQ does not mention any fixes for this specific problem.

BTW there is no setup screen like the original game (floppy disk version).

Thanks.

The Collectors Edition UFO and TFTD's sound volumes are controlled via the Windows volume control.

You should be able to access this from the speaker on the status bar tray, or via the control panel. You'll need to raise the synth/midi volume for the music, and the wave volume for the general sound effects.

If raising the volume from the sound panel doesn't work, then DirectX might not be initialising the sound drivers properly. Try starting the game (or any other game that uses DirectX), quit then start it again (this usually works for me when the music doesn't play).

- NKF

Thank you very much.

Bladefirelight, thanks for the link.

Will post when I figure out how to use the .dll

Place a copy in the UFO folder and another copy in the main TFTD folder. The fix file does not help you if you can't hear sound/music. It only fixes the unusual click-pause bug some people (including myself) have when playing the CE on XP.

-Micah

micahdg@xcomufo.com

www.xcomufo.com