movement in UFO

little_me

I have installd patch 1.3

Here's your problem :laugh: . Some bugs were introduced in the game with this patch while fixing others. This is one of them: narrow diagonal corridors are usually "unpassable".

No patch/fix currently exists, and workarounds aren't really available.

Best option is to start placing units so they cover possible areas where the rats might appear (explosive weapons help a bit here).

yea, I am having the same trouble too

(I only went for the ships I had to, I let the other troops do all the ship battles, a shame, as they are fun)

and to the looks of it, the final mission is not going to be completed (if I can read the map right, the 2 ways onto the ramp are narrow)

but I havn't cleaned the rest of the ship out yet, so....

HARD_Sarge

I've just bought this game & am having the same problem. I've installed patches 1.2 & 1.3. It's not just when in UFOs either, I've had a few missions in the mountains where I haven't been able to reach the target squares for UFO entry or downed pilots :laugh: . Any ideas on this?

Thanks

Couscous

@Couscous

v1.3 is supposed to fix pilot rescue problems where "rocky" areas made the area unrecheable, those particular problems only occured before 1.3 and I've been on enough rescue missions and UFO downed to actually notice that the fix works, but had the misfortune of introducing the "area inside a building" bug for the pilot rescue missions. If you have applied patch 1.3 then that's the only problem you should be having to deal with in pilot rescue missions.

@Chen

Nope, pilotfix is based on the fact that the pilot is NEVER (so far) over an illegal square and therefor "moves" the rescue area to that point. This is not the problem we faced in prior version that Couscous has mentioned here about

@Others and the main topic

Only key rooms stay the same in scripted missions, other rooms will change from game to game. So while some will have no problems moving about in the final mission, others will have trouble with it.

Thanks for your reply, Kret. I have both 1.2 & 1.3 patches installed and experience the "can't get there" problem on rocky ground as you describe it. If 1.3 has fixed this for other folks then I guess it might be worth me reinstalling on the off-chance it didn't patch properly first time around.

That might be advisable, but only if you get it often, there's always the "really odd chance" of getting a mission where the landscape is far too complicated to walk through it. I was once in a scout mission where the horrendous ammount of flora and BIG rocks made it almost impossible to move. Think that close to 50% of the map was cut off 'cause of this. That mission was slightly harder due to the presence of sniper-morelmen. Well, wasn't gonna loose a "simple" scout mission and actually managed to win it.

Hi Strahd

well no luck so far, went back in to that save and I can find a open door icon on either side of the small doors, it does not open anything

lets see, to start with there were two small open doorways when I first went into the area, after the battle, if I place the mouse at the base of those two doorways, I get the open icon, but click on it and get, no way to get there message

HARD_Sarge

• 2 months later...

:laugh: Ahh well atleast im not alone in this! I had 1.2 installed when I played through the entire game the first time around.. Then Iinstalled 1.3 and thought i'd hit it up on "hard" mode and have found that I can't move in ships, alien bases, or the final mission! BUT I FIXED IT! heres what you do...

step#1 = backup your saved games

step#2 = uninstall the game

step#3 = reinstall the game

step#4 = install the 1.2 patch

STEP#5 = STOP BITCHING HERE ABOUT THE MOVEMENT PROBLEM WE ALL KNOW HAPPENS WITH PACTH 1.3!

step#6 = if your soooo pissed off about this problem.. just email your bitchin to tech support until they get around till fixing it...

wow that came out pretty harsh... :) Well im American so im to lazy to go back and edit it now (typo's included)..