Green videos on intercept

lek

Noticed this bug when I started using Cat. 3.8's on my Radeon 9700.

When intercepting a UFO, the video that is played sometimes appears all in green and white, you can still make out whats going on, but its in the wrong colours (also looks a lot more pixelated than the normal colour video). Another thing is that this doesn't happen everytime, on some sequences it doesnt happen at all, while on others, its seems to happen sometimes, but not at others (even though the same video sequence is being played).

Didn't happen with the Catalyst 3.7's, so I'm guessing this is an ATI driver bug, but worth mentioning anyway methinks.

Have you ever tried night gogles lek? That's exactly how it looks through them, trust me :laugh:. I used them in the army you see :).

Anyway, point is that those are probabaly the night interceptions, and they are supposed to be green. At least if the whole sequence are. If they swich between colors however...that's odd.

I did wonder if they were green because of night missions! Image enhancement, etc!

Obviously the ones that were the same sequence but not green were during the day, that'll explain why I thought it was odd :laugh: I must've only done/noticed it after using the 3.8 drivers, silly me!

No, you're not undertanding NOSFERATU.1 - At night, it goes to green videos on the interceptions as it's supposed ot be night-vision, where everything is greenaand fuzzy (like you see in the army, or on the TV).

By daylight, the videos play in full colour as it's... well... daytime :laugh: It's not a bug, just a little extra feature to add atmosphere :)