X-COM Convention - Random Ideas...!

Pete

Sure you're welcome DHawk. All the XCommers are which I believe does include the RPGamers does it not? Anyone who can get over to where it would be 'hypothetically' :) is welcome to join the fun and games and alien raids...

Bring a stun rod... Good idea, I'll get on it right away!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Military base tours? (How many guests can our resident cadets invite?)

Guys, even if I could get your into a barracks somewhere, I can assure you you're not missing much. They're just big collections of '60s buildings with loads of guys and gals in uniform. Trust me. They're not interesting.

(BTW, anything like this would require the connivance of a Unit Press Officer, and me persuading the chief clerk to give me my ID card. 'Tain't gonna happen :) )

EDIT:

Just had a thought.....your best chance for this sort of thing is to find out if there are any open days in the near future. IIRC, there is an army-wide thing called "Firepower!" held down on Salisbury Plain during the summer, which is apparently quite class. But as a practical matter, it ca't be done otherwise.

Guys, even if I could get your into a barracks somewhere, I can assure you you're not missing much.  They're just big collections of '60s buildings with loads of guys and gals in uniform.  Trust me.  They're not interesting.

As if the last of the three isn't interesting enough? :inlove:

Surely we could also play with guns, throw grenades (who has the highest TA?), drive tanks and all the other fun stuff you do at a military base, right?

:) ---------------------> :)

Cazbol ............................ and a reloader

You know we are all talking hypothetically shouldn't we decide on a few things if it did hypothetically happen seeing people coming are hypothetically we might hypothetically speaking be using hypothetically networked computers at a hypothetic convention in a hypothetic country in a hypothetic world in a hypothetic galaxy in a .......... I think I'll stop now before I go mad (Hypothetically speaking :devil: )

• 4 weeks later...

I had no idea xcom was so popular in the uk. My freinds and I have been playing the sony version scince it came out. we were kind of dissapointed in apocolypse. it has some awsome ideas, but it felt like we had to write an essay just to make a guy squat. but the original rules!!! I just downloaded the laser squad nemisis and I hope to join you guys in some games! :devil: it might take me some time to figure this game out, but it looks like it's guna be fun!

My e-mail adress is mirage24062@yahoo.com

I'll be gone for thanksgiving!

Mirage

I wish there was a x-com convention in america.. i'd dress up as a chryssalid :)

• 1 month later...