X-COM Convention - Random Ideas...!

Pete

So... if an X-COM convention was to be announced somewhere in the UK and was at least a couple of months off, how many people would turn up I wonder?

I know this cuts out a lot of poeple from the rest of the world, but I'm in England so :) If you would SERIOUSLY turn up to such an event, even if it were to merely buy me a beer or two (or a coke if you're under-age!) then respond here.

This is all hypothetical mind you, so I ain't saying such an event would ever take place. Just go with me on this and pretend that it was. Would it have to be somewhere near a major airport? A seaport perhaps? Accessible by train? The choice is yours!

Oh, and if it helps, pretend there's an X-COM celeb or two going and make your mind up then.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, HELL YEAH!!!!!

Location wise, you`d likely best go with what suits any guest VIPS, to keep them happy.

Of course I`d expect webcasts, and/or transcripts of every syllable uttered on the site, right pete?

Can I set up a stall selling papier mache models of Poppers (from Apoc) with candy inside?

Ooh, and a costume contest too.

But seriously, YES

Damn! Hell! Crap! Arse! Yes! I'll come!

And I'm already in Britain so it'd be easy!

As for the foreigners there are a lot of Americans so those of them who would 'like' to come may be able to meet up their side of the Atlantic and commute together. That way it may be possible for some of the overseas people to get to it as well. The Europeans should have no problem either... The Aussies and such though... They should really start planning! (And this is when it's hypothetical, imagine the chaos if it happens!)

Yeah, since you're twisting my arm =). I live in Warwickshire anyway, so getting there isn't a problem. Somewhere with a train station would be necessary though.

I was well PO'd at missing the LSN thing, so if it does go ahead I would almost certainly turn up.

Well I was under the impression that most of the XCAS peeps would have had some knowledge of X-COM...?

Only six people so far?! I dunno, some people would rather work all day than check in at the site :)

And, still hypothetical, if it helps draw people in, and there's a costume competition, I'll come dressed as the guy in my little avatar to the left :) Not very X-Com'y, but I could pass as one of those brightly clothed civvies from Apoc :(

if it helps draw people in, and there's a costume competition

Might have issues with that.....I can manage a dark blue jumpsuit or a black one - no grey =(

And the engineering department would get reaaal funny if I started trying to build power armour in the basement =)

want to go i would. wether i could or couldn't is a diffrent matter.

if it helps draw people in, and there's a costume competition

don't count on it. (/me doesn't like costume type stuff)

after all you're going to need at least one celeb!

praps we should all chip in and buy tammy a plane ticket :)