Combo-Mod v2!

Slaughter

Finally it's here! The new version of the Combo-mod. BlackAlmaz have worked really hard on this one, and it has several very stylish additions. Take a look at these screenshots:

https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/Mods/Combo2/1s.jpg https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/Mods/Combo2/2s.jpg https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/Mods/Combo2/3s.jpg

https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/Mods/Combo2/4s.jpg https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/Mods/Combo2/5s.jpg https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/Mods/Combo2/11s.jpg

https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/Mods/Combo2/combo1s.jpg https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/Mods/Combo2/combo2s.jpg https://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/Mods/Combo2/opssoldiers.jpg

The modification includes loads of new stuff, and you can read more about it here and here. The download is 26 MB, and you can download it here.

UPDATE: You can find the readme for the mod here.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need that readme added, so the mod can be useful to people that aren't Aftermath experts as well.

In the meantime, for people that doesn't know how to install the mod, just unpack it to your UFO:Aftermath folder and start a new game. Easy as that :laugh:

No, not that easy! The 1.4 patch removed the need to name your mod into something like "*mod.vfs". If you have older mods installed e.g. 68_mod.vfs you can't any longer simply rename them to make them non-working. You have to delete them from the UFOAM directory or you will get the strangest results (own experience made 5 minutes ago). BlackAlmaz, i think that was also the cause of your problem with the Ueber-enemies, i think you simply renamed the Tough-mod and thought it wouldn't work anymore, right?

So this should go into the readme as well: DELETE all older versions of the RBmod or Combomod in your UFOAM directory, do NOT rename them!!!

Strange: The game allowed several mods at the same time and didn't crash, it only left out some pieces of the equipment. That finally explains the reports of missing Berzerk armours we had recently (Albeit with the older 6.8 mod)

Oh, and the new Cameramod, Trainingmod, and Tough-Alien-Mod work very good with the new Combomod! No problems here :laugh:

No, not that easy! The 1.4 patch removed the need to name your mod into something like "*mod.vfs". If you have older mods installed e.g. 68_mod.vfs you can't any longer simply rename them to make them non-working. You have to delete them from the UFOAM directory or you will get the strangest results (own experience made 5 minutes ago). BlackAlmaz, i think that was also the cause of your problem with the Ueber-enemies, i think you simply renamed the Tough-mod and thought it wouldn't work anymore, right?

So this should go into the readme as well: DELETE all older versions of the RBmod or Combomod in your UFOAM directory, do NOT rename them!!!

Strange: The game allowed several mods at the same time and didn't crash, it only left out some pieces of the equipment. That finally explains the reports of missing Berzerk armours we had recently (Albeit with the older 6.8 mod)

Oh, and the new Cameramod, Trainingmod, and Tough-Alien-Mod work very good with the new Combomod! No problems here :laugh:

strange i have no other mods installed at all

only the tranning mod and thats it

i have no need for outhers..and plus i dont have your though mod eather aralez..they game is just hard on its own with the mod now

Say, don't upload the zip again yet Almaz. There are probably quite a few people downloading now, and it would ruin their download. Just upload the readme.txt, and I'll put in a link to it. Then I'll add it to the zip later.

there has always been a read me on the site...

link

but do you want me to added to 6.8 mod read me?

but do you want me to added to 6.8 mod read me?

Hmm, good question. Yes, I think so. You should add a section to the 6.8 readme that says "Changes is Combo-Mod v2" or something like that. And there should be the explanation that Combo-Mod is an expansion of Aralez's Rebalance mod.

Small review here! I started a new campaign to test this mod: America, normal difficulty, Training-Requirement-Mod , FPC-Mod and Tough-AlienMod installed.

Pro:

First thing i saw in the tactical missions were the new armours, different colours, nice! This makes your soldier much more individual than before. The new helmets are great, too. Then i discovered the new Shotgun look and the new knife, wow what an improvement! I played several missions, got my but kicked badly! And i mean BADLY. I don't know what changed, but the aliens are somewhat more deadly than in the old RBmod. Maybe this is caused by the weapon damage changes? Anyway, i like it! Very much! It feels somewhat more realistic, i can't fully explain, simply try it. I can see we will all need new tactics! Run-and-Hide will now be used more often i think. No longer the "Point-and-shoot" philosophy will work.

Then i saw the new AK-47, again a big improvement, it looks much more realistic now! AND i was attacked by the new human enemies: They are fast, they are long-ranged, they come in big numbers! To make it short: They are DEADLY! I saw one of them carry a M4 iirc, nice look that weapon!

All this testing, trying and aborting has brought me to an one-base-only situation, and now it is even under attack. I think i have to restart!

Small Contra:

After playing for several hours I had a crash when a new mission was generated, my sixth sense tells me it has something to do with the loadout of the enemies, i had similar crashes during the development of the RBmod, so i think it is the same problem. I will do some research on this and will tell you if i find something.

Conclusion:

THIS is how UFOAM should have been right from the start! Loads of different weapons, armours and enemies, cool textures etc. It's demanding (in a positive way) and will keep you thrilled, that's for sure. The soldiers are finally individuals, the different looks and the different races combined with the Training-Requirement-mod turns your standard soldier group into a real RPG-party! The crash problem will be surely solved soon, so this mod is an absolute MUST! There's NO excuse for not using it.

Go get it!

I eventually found the bug, BlackAlmaz! PM is coming to you right away.If i am right it is only a small typo and will only once in ~100 missions (or even less) crash the game. A workaround is to simply save before entering a tactical mission and IF it crashes during loading, simply reload. Chances are very high that the mission will load flawlessly now.

Thanks for the report Aralez. Sounds good! I am somewhat concerned that it is a bit too hard even on easy? I'll test it myself tomorrow and see what I think.

I sent the news to GamersHell, BluesNews and EvilAvatar by the way. I'll contact ALTAR and Cenega now.

Small review here! I started a new campaign to test this mod: America, normal difficulty, Training-Requirement-Mod , FPC-Mod and Tough-AlienMod installed.

Pro:

First thing i saw in the tactical missions were the new armours, different colours, nice! This makes your soldier much more individual than before. The new helmets are great, too. Then i discovered the new Shotgun look and the new knife, wow what an improvement! I played several missions, got my but kicked badly! And i mean BADLY.  I don't know what changed, but the aliens are somewhat more deadly than in the old RBmod. Maybe this is caused by the weapon damage changes? Anyway, i like it! Very much! It feels somewhat more realistic, i can't fully explain, simply try it. I can see we will all need new tactics! Run-and-Hide will now be used more often i think. No longer the "Point-and-shoot" philosophy will work.

Then i saw the new AK-47, again a big improvement, it looks much more realistic now! AND i was attacked by the new human enemies: They are fast, they are long-ranged, they come in big numbers! To make it short: They are DEADLY! I saw one of them carry a M4 iirc, nice look that weapon!

All this testing, trying and aborting has brought me to an one-base-only situation, and now it is even under attack. I think i have to restart!

Small Contra:

After playing for several hours I had a crash when a new mission was generated, my sixth sense tells me it has something to do with the loadout of the enemies, i had similar crashes during the development of the RBmod, so i think it is the same problem. I will do some research on this and will tell you if i find something.

Conclusion:

THIS is how UFOAM should have been right from the start! Loads of different weapons, armours and enemies, cool textures etc. It's demanding (in a positive way) and will keep you thrilled, that's for sure. The soldiers are finally individuals, the different looks  and the different races combined with the Training-Requirement-mod turns your standard soldier group into a real RPG-party! The crash problem will be surely solved soon, so this mod is an absolute MUST! There's NO excuse for not using it.

Go get it!

plus you are in a race against time....do the research develop...and try and expaned...any way you can..even if its cheap...

i use to be able to get 7-10 bases within an hours play..but now i took me 4 hours to get 4 bases...7 soliders in sick bay, 12 dead, and one still combat ready