UFO:Aftermath patch 1.4 is here!

Slaughter

That's right folks! Today Cenega released the version 1.4 patch, that fixes quite a few of the bugs introduced in version 1.3. Here's the content of the readme:

This patch updates UFO: Aftermath to version 1.4

It addresses the following issues:

*** In-game bugs ***

# The game does not crash in the last mission when the mind-control

is used.

# The target areas in pilot rescue missions are fixed (this bug was

introduced in version 1.3)

# The impassable corridors in UFO missions are fixed (this bug was

introduced in version 1.3)

# A huge slow-down that occurred in certain outdoor missions was

fixed.

You can find the patch over at Cenega's page, as well as 3DGamers.com, The Adrenaline Vault and Boomtown (full, 1.3 - 1.4).

Thanks to bovine_cannibal for the heads up!

That's basically what I did before. It would be a bit annoying if your savegame got messed up when you were on the verge of launching the lunar base assault.

I'm not going to be able to do any experimentation on compatability with existing mods in the next couple of weeks anyway as I'm trying to get my fanfic completed.

The 1.4 patch is only a bug-correction patch, so all other stuff should be compatible. In fact, it would be interesting to see if you go into an alien ship in 1.3 with some paths blocked, saved, patch up to 1.4 and load. See if you can now walk through them.

Since I can't be a guinea pig for this experiment, any volunteers? Someone has to test this. If noone's going to present themselves, we'll just have to "elect" one

I am playing a game that was saved with version 1.3. I am just going into an alien base. I will probably know if the problem is fixed with the 1.4 version, but without starting a new game, it remains to be seen.

I know this though, that still after the air battles, the music still does not start up again in the geosphere, and to get the music which is easy, one still has to change to the system screen and just press Play again to start the music up. I would have hoped that they would have fixed that.

I am at the top of the alien base, and had a base mission before with the saved 1.3 version (or just starting off where I left off in the game and the game has been working fine, and states it is the 1.4 version now I am playing whereas it was the 1.3 version before.

I will enter the alien base now, and see -- but the Leader (me) is squimish about it!

Well, onwards with the game!

:laugh:

I did not have any problems pathing through the alien base. I did not open all doors up, but still I could tell. The narrow passages I could get through, since there were no doors there. A couple of eggs could be walked on or path on, but most of the others could not, dependpent upon how big the room is, I am guessing.

That's all I can say right now, about playing a game that was previously a version 1.3 game, but saved using version 1.4 after the regular base mission that I did first, and the above air battle!

So far so good!

:laugh:

Yep definately seems harder, I have just lost 3 consecutive interceptions, the COE just lost 2 base missions, I had 13 Rets assault me outside a UFO and I didn't even move from my insertion point and I have just lost my best MUTON soldier...NOOOO!! :laugh:

Has it sneakily upped the difficulty level?