Marc going to the EGN trade show.

Slaughter

Marc (Shagpuss) have been kind enough to go to the European Games Network trade show as our reporter. There he's going to take a look at the UFO:Aftershock material they have available, and do an interview with Cenega. So if you have any questions for the publisher about the upcoming sequel to UFO:Aftermath here's your chance. Post them as a reply to this thread, or contact us via private messages or the site's contact sheet. The show will be held September 1-3.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, Id like to add some questions to his list :laugh:

1: What kind of are the advancements in AI behavior ?

2: Will there be a plugin released for 3ds,Milkshape officially to better support modders ?

3: Any kind of multiplayer planned ?

i want to know...will the make a gmax input...for modeling..cause milk shape is not free

as well as i want to know, about the voices, and sounds in the game..are we able to make our own player( i wish)

in base devalopment...do we have to mange all the bases the same way,...with the teritories, do we have to develop the mines and farms, for resource gethering, how frandly will be the interface between me and my allys/enemys....will there be ways to tribue..or ask for tribute, can we dmand land...or do we just take it by force..can we offer protaction, in return, getresources and and soldiers,

are the graphics in the game going to be better than in af, are the guns going to have more detail..like TYR's give them an example......

is the interface in both tactical and stratagy going to change..how did they cope with the plot....it still sounds sort of wake...we only want to fight after 50 years..and we saw our planet die over and over again...and with it those greys....

are there going to be more than just me and the enemy on the map..cause i'm tired of that atmoshpere...even if the cevilinas are damb

is the heavy armour gouing to be as slow as the one in af... i know they answerdthat already....but i just feel like asking....

is there going to be an atmosphere..for better graphic cards..like rain and snow.....af has snow..but you have to use a cheat to enable it..and it dosent pile up

are there going to be a wider range of animation.....and will there be a code to cloak a unit..from eather side( for mods mostly) Star craft...that can be down easly..we have marines and ghost..now all we need is cloaking...a nuke can be down just like the WTD....and AVP. the preditors....i have no way of cloaking them in af

if i may i'll answer..read the articals..on this web site.....

the resaon there are only 7 is cause it is to difficult o play with more using sas system

it would be just grab a bunch..and run...with out having thought about indivduels

and you will get more rectues...al the time..

Guys can we use the "TYR" way of listing 'em, it'll make it easy to read through them later. :)

Beens i'm not into/up with the modding side of thangs, I might be asking questions later just so I know what I am talking about. :laugh:

But as for Space Voyagers question, I liked the limitation being set by the transports capacity as in UFO, rather than just 7 no matter what.

Questions from TYR:

1: What kind of are the advancements in AI behavior ?

2: Will there be a plugin released for 3ds,Milkshape and/or free "tool" to officially support modders ?

3: Any kind of multiplayer planned ?

------------------------------------------

Questions from BlackAlmaz:

4: Will it be possible to personalize ingame characters giving them voices, and sounds of choice ?

5: Do we have to manage all bases the same way, will there be a kind of diplomacy with independent territorys, some kind of protectorate,alliance, trade agreements, same for the "others" or just conquering ?

6: How does Aftershock handle "resources" do we have to develop farms and mines to gather resources ?

7: Will the graphics be better ingame than in AM, will the weapons for example have more detail like TYR's to give an exmaple. :laugh:

8: Will there be changes in interface both tactical and strategic, can you tell us more about the plot, it still sounds sort of wake ?

9: Are there going to be more than just 1 enemy, like local warlords raiding my territories, independent groups just trying to survive or chasing their own goals ?

10: Will there be weather effects, like rain, snow,fog, sunshine and even effect the behavior of the combat like its harder to see in a snowstorm or a foggy day ?

11: Are there going to be more animations to give more atmosphere, and will there be a (code*) to cloak a unit ? (*Invisible object behavior to make an predator for example :))

------------------------------------

Shagpuss:

12: Will we still be limited to 7 men in AM and or how will this be handled, rather like the classic ones having spaceships with limited space giving the oportunity to decide how many men of my squad i take into action, still having the chance to move in reinforcements ?

------------------------------------

If anyone wants to add some more please type it in in a readable clear and direct way, or else i doubt shagpuss will ask it :)

TYR thanks for that!!

@Slaughter, having never been to one of these events before (or anything like it for that matter) how long do u think I will be allowed to loiter for before I outgrow my welcome? Am just asking with regards to the amount of questions I will be able to get through? ???

@SpaceVoyager as BlackAlmaz says, if u lose a mission u just carry on with whats left of your troops, suddenly the ones not good enough to go on missions before are now your best soldiers! :o

@Slaughter, having never been to one of these events before (or anything like it for that matter) how long do u think I will be allowed to loiter for before I outgrow my welcome? Am just asking with regards to the amount of questions I will be able to get through?  ???

Well....if you see Brian bringing forth his incinerator gun it's time to get out of there :laugh:

Seriously though, they are there to advertise their games, and are probably more than happy to answer your questions. What I worry about is how much they know as of now, and thus CAN answer.

Oh, and pictures and questions asked about other games that looks interesting in the same genre are more than welcome!

When you play Aftermath, you tend to get large stockpiles of weapons that you don't need, eg 400 alien laser pistols. Will Aftershock have an option for your squad to give surplus weapons to allied troops, thus increasing their chances of victory in the missions you don't personally handle?

Will the differences between Aftermath and Aftershock make Aftershock challenging for Aftermath veterans?

yes..will there be a COE

in as and will there be more upgrades than one.....and weapons give avays would be great...so its not just a tectical game...but more diplomatical..like x-com was....most of the time.i just petroled to get alian base...and just shoot ufos down, once i got the research

If you accept the Reticulan Offer the end game cinematics show Earth swallowed up by the Biomass, so will the Biomass show up on the Aftershock geoscape globe and as a terrain type on missions?

In Aftermath, new missions were generated by the computer with the player choosing when (if at all) to accept a mission. Will Aftershock retain this feature, or will it also allow the player to force a mission in a particular location as in X-Com Acopalypse?

What I would like to see is that time spent in tactical missions be reflected on the geoscape. I'll explain in detail:

In the X-com games you could spend quite a lot of turns/time in any particular mission (I've been in missions with over 100 turns in EU or over 2 hours in APOC) but when you return to the world map, you return to the same instant in time you arrived and enter the place. This also happens in UFO:AM even tho, there's no time counter in the tactical missions, time still passes.

For me it would give a lot more of a tactical issue the fact that once you return to the map, you units won't instantly return to base, but spend the time they used in the mission on the same spot over the map, preventing them to go to another mission until the instant is was ended plus an extra time for the regrouping and recovery of items.