1.3 patch next week!

Slaughter

Just got the UFO:Aftermath news-letter, and it had some very good news. Here's a quote:

Aliens screaming for next patch!

--------------------------------

Please visit our website next week, when the patch 1.3 with alien sounds,

support for modding tools and more issues will be available for download!

The official modding tools will be released soon after the patch.

Is this a great Christmas present or what? Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone!

Thanks to Bucksnort for the heads up!

thx for link, but....what does this mean?

"- The mind-control can be canceled by pressing Ctrl+C"

Haven't a savegame to check this out. Now iam able a alien-controlled soldier to free his mind, or can i disable the mind-control at anytime for the whole game with this?

Sorry for my english... :baaa:

@ aralez or fnurg

Is the rebalance-mod working with 1.3 together? And if not, are you planning to make the mod compatible with 1.3? But plz not the "naked" version, cause i really miss the freaky toxic grenades, the changed weapon stats and of course the human ammo manufacturing. So far....^^

oh?! How i have to handle the alpine with rebalance 4.1b?

1. Should i install first the rebalance mod or alpine?

2. How get i the mod into alpine, cause its not an .alp or .lua file?

3. If not, can i copy the rebalance mod simple over alpine and use both together? Then i like the possibility to change the helicopter speed. ;)

4. If is nothing of them so easy to make it, can someone plz short explain me how it maybe works eventually together?

5. Sry for noOb-questions, coz

<---noOb ;)

Install ALPine 2.8.1 using the guide (in the section ALPine on the front page of this site).

Open ALPine and click the plugin called "* Mod Wrapper"

The instructions will appear in the main text window. Follow them to add the rebalance mod.

Basically create a directory called "mod1" in "ALPine\plugins\mods" and put the Rebalance "RBmodcfg.vfs" (or similar) and "localizationpack.vfs" files in there. Then select the Mod Wrapper plugin (a tick beside it) and press Apply.

Fulby

THX Fulby! :inlove:

works fine, BUT.......

there is a little conflict between the modified soundfiles (alienscreamin, etc...) from the 1.3 patch and the included weapon sounds mod from the rebalance 4.1b. So i have the choice to play with rebalance mod without alien sounds or to play normal with alien sounds, but without the advances from rebalance :hmmm:

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: ........maybe........ a nice modder here can solve this problem so we can enjoy both... :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: i would do, but i haven't the abilities to do that.. ???

but first a "Thank you" for fast answer :alien2:

I think I can make a plugin to fix this, but I don't know exactly what effect it will have on Rebalance. The problem is that the new sounds are "attached" to the enemies in "listofcreatures.txt", but Rebalance also includes this file so UFO: Aftermath uses the one from Rebalance (which obviously doesn't have the sound file names in it).

I'll upload a plugin which will just insert the new listofcreature.txt into the mod file. If you place it after the Mod Wrapper in the list it will overwrite the Rebalance file with the 1.3 version. You'll loose the changes made by Rebalance to that file, but I'm not sure what those changes are. About the only things which look obvious for changing are creature health, melee attack time and visibility, of which at least some are probably changed in the 1.3 patch anyway. It should hopefully do until the next version of Rebalance it out.

Does this sound acceptable as a stop-gap solution?

Fulby

Hm, fnurg was almost ready to release RB 5.0, but i think he has to rewrite the plugins to 1.3 standards, so this will maybe take some more days. I'll ask him about that.

Btw, after seeing so many people wanting the rebalance mod, we'll maybe have to reconsider our plannings of moving to another mod-project after the release of the 5.0 version....

To Aralez,

Once Mod Tool comes from Altar, ask people what they want.

From list, decide what is possible.

Then Slaughter put it to vote on weekly poll.

I guess modders should do what is needed to make UFO:AM have same ability as XCom. If that equate to more rebalance, then yes, more rebalance.

For the "old" versions of the RB-Mod we made polls, viewed threads regarding user wishes, looked for complaints about the game on different boards and then made the mods. But as Alpine was released and users demanded more freedom to choose from different plugins, we decided to make the RB-Mod a "addon-only" mod. Atm, fnurg and me are pretty confused about the future of the RB-Mod, if we make it a "full-package" people complain about being limited to the mod changes, if we do it the "addon-way" people complain about the mod merely being some "thrown-in" weapons, if we do both, people complain about the installation being tricky and conflicts with other mods.

Atm, seeing all those changes in 1.3 and the upcoming of modding-tools, fnurg and me decide to release the 5.0 (soon) version as an "addon"-only mod. At least that way the stuff won't conflict with changes of the patch. In january we'll decide what to do next. Maybe we'll make a totally different mod (a total conversion maybe) or we'll make a brand-new RBmod. We haven't decided yet and don't want to, until we have playtested the 1.3 patch and the stressful Xmas days and new years day are behind us ;)

Thanks, as I said it might undo some stuff from rebalance but nothing major I think. I also noticed there's no entry for death sounds of a MALE, adding that might make the Hostile Humans better if it works. Would you scream for me please ;)?

Has anyone got the death scream from X-COM 1 as a .wav?

Fulby