It just wont run ?

THEMAN

Yeah sorry should have thought of that - bit of a newbie :D

Running:

pentium 4

Win ME

256 ram

nvidia G force 2 card

UFO & Deep dont run at all, Apocolypse plays until you try to do a mission then crashes !!! very frustrating

Any help would be great

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

By now, probally, yeah... :)

But that's what software emulation is for. :hmmm:

So generally it won't always matter...

Man, check your sound setup. Goto Start Menu => Settings => Control Panel => System => Device Manager, and look down the list you should have until you "Sound, video and game controllers" (or similar). Expand that list, and look for something that looks like your sound card, and double click on it... (the name. The name of your sound card. Don't go opening the case just yet. ;) )

Now click the resources tab. "Interupt request" is your IRQ number, and you high and low DMA numbers should also be here. Port is just about always 220. Note these three (or four is there's a high DMA) numbers, and run "setup.exe" in your UFO or TFTD folders.

Having fun? :)

OK! The program will ask about your sound details. Tell it you've gotta a sound blaster pro (this just about always works, if not, try sound blaster 16, or failing that, a general sound blaster), and enter those funny numbers as it asks. When it asks about voices, choose the highest number. Then run the game, and hope.

If you can't find the sound details in device manager, run the setup program and tell it not to use sound at all.

And if neither of these work, then I've plenty of other "solutions", but I can't be stuffed typing them just now, so I won't. :D

for UFO and TFTD, you can always try using another SB card in the setup. i find it helps as i have 2 pcs, and each one has an onboard sound. each one uses a different "sound card" type and DMA/interupt etc. also, in apoc, when u enter a mission, does it just get a blank screen? some other people (including me) have had that problem. i'd really like an answer to that.

:D (just take out the banner and u get what i mean...