Not Aftermath, But...

Slaughter

...still well worth a mention. As some of you may know, there's a open source project in the works called "Project Xenocide". It is a game being developed by X-Com fans all over the world, and they are always looking for more people to join in. You can read the FAQ here, the 1.0 specification here and visit the official page here.

So I want to urge all Aftermath/X-Com fans out there to contribute to this project in some way. It can be everything from joining the team to donating money. And feedback are always welcome of course.

As for the project itself, they hope to have a running version sometime in 2004, and with YOUR help they just might. Take a look at their geoscape if you wish to "sneakpeak" their project.

It's been a while since I checked the site, but I am impressed, they have been quite busy, I checked out there concept art, and I like a lot of it, like the crafts and tanks they have made, also the soldier in the equipment screen looks cool, I downloaded the globe too, you can already zoom and turn. You should check it out people.

I'm disappointed with Project Xenocide. I've been following it for quite some time and I haven't seen anything except for some geoscape screens.

I don't have permission to view that forum.... even when logged in...

Regular forum members have read access to those forums, but validating members and guests do not. Are you by chance the person who tried to register with the username "serioussamfr"? If so, the forum requires email validation, and if it is yours, you'll have to either re-register with a valid address, or let me know the real one and I can fix it.

Hmm, I finally had to register here ;) Hi Slaughter ;)

-Micah

micah@projectxenocide.com

Xenocide Team

Hi Micah ;)

Good to have you with us! And keep up the good work with Xenocide! I'm trusting in you, Facehugger and the others to give me the part of X-Com back that Aftermath did not ;). Aftermath is a great game, and I'm enjoying myself imensly, but it isn't X-Com.

Oh, when I'm through my exams and Christmas I may even considder joining you if you find any use for me ;).

Will xenocide use X-COM terms, as I have seen people talk about X-Force, X-Net instead of X-COM and Ufopedia, but the aliens are our old friends, what is the intention, to let it take place in the X-COM universe with a few little things changed to stay out of legal troubles?

You are exactly correct in your latter assumption, Bastiaan. We will make whatever changes to make it legal, and keep whatever names would not be considered infringing on the original game's copyrights.

-Micah

micah@projectxenocide.com

Xenocide Team

• 3 weeks later...
I'm glad you like it. The x-net demo is but a taste of what out art and creative text departments have accomplished. We would have included more, but people would start griping about having to download too big a file ;) And Slaughter, regarding your earlier comment about joining out project after your schooling - you are welcome to do so. I'm sure there's 'something' you can help with ;)

just chacked it out......wow....i dont care if its 600mb i'll download it with a 56k if i have to....it realy looks good...so far!!!...i cant wait to see the battle....if i could id donate...no really i would... ;)

even though i like OFU af....i still think there have to be a few ptaches made...to fix the bugs...and some new mods....i'll wait untill next year to try and find some....but yor game made me verey intrested....

all of u that liked X-COM should realy follow this one!!!!!