English, Czech & German Patch Version 1.2!

Slaughter

That's right! Only hours after the release of the demo, ALTAR have released the 1.2 patch for the English version of the game. The patch fixes a number of issues with the game, and you can read more about it here. The patch weights about 6 MB, and as you can soon find more mirrors here.

Update: The German version 1.2 patch have also been released! You can read more about it at the official German forum, or find mirrors to download from in our patch section.

Update2: The Czech version 1.2 patch have also been released! You can read more about it at Tiscali Games, or find mirrors to download from in our patch section.

Interesting. I like that they toned down some of the alien weapons, but did they mess with the Alien Rocket Launchers at all?

Personally, the damage isn't what bothers me. It's the reload speed. It's way too fast.

Another thing. What does this mean?

"The Squad window opens when a mission is accepted."

Less than two weeks after the game was launched and there are already two patches for the English version? Didn't the developers do ANY testing?

I accept that not all bugs will be picked up in the testing stages, but this looks like beta testing didn't even begin until after the game was sent to the CD manufacturer.

Less than two weeks after the game was launched and there are already two patches for the English version?  Didn't the developers do ANY testing?

I accept that not all bugs will be picked up in the testing stages, but this looks like beta testing didn't even begin until after the game was sent to the CD manufacturer.

Well it's better than a lot of companies out there who release bug-ridden games and leave them that way. You'll also spot a lot of stuff in here that's user-requested and not technically bugs.

Not by any means perfect, but a darned sight quicker than other companies would be addressing these types of problems ;)

Did you push the link where I wrote that mirrors will be Ghostrider? No? Didn't think so ;).

As for the equipment screen, that is REALLY ANNOYING!!! ARGH!!!

I did but NO RESPOND and I am NOW ISDN 4LINES on the NET - Really EXPENSIVE SO GRRR ;) So maybe I will go next time NORMAL standart speed - I WANTED to download it extremely fast ... ;)

Arghh... MP7 is weaker. The Enhanced Laser Rifle and Warp Ressonator are twice as powerful, SLAW has more range. Hmmm... I guess I need to rethink all my choices for when I play my Hard level game them.

The armor changed a bit too I think. The enhanced psionic helmets protect 90%, didn't it use to be 80%? The Sky and Bio armors seem to have slightly weaker protection.

what about polish patch? Running UFO is very annoying: when I try to start it it often starts in 2 session so there are like two UFO`s running at a time - I have to exit both of them and run it again.

There`s more: when i try to run it i get only black screen with sounds from menu nothing else. I have to restart my whole PC! But anyway beside of those two thingies game rocks! ;) ;)