English version 1.1a patch!

Slaughter

Here's a quote from the readme file:

========================================

This is a patch for UFO: Aftermath version 1.0 English version

!!! It will not install on any other version. !!

========================================

This patch fixes the following issues:

=======================================

* The slowdown in strategic game when Biomass grows too much

* Some problems with Director's cut feature

* Localization problems

* Tooltips and other interface problems.

* Combat messages from player's unit in tactical game

* Unlimited alien batteries

You can download it from Cenega (the publisher) here (Czech), ComputerGames here (Romanian) or Boomtown here (Danish)!

Update: To check what version you have, press Ctrl+Alt+I in the game.

(Patch removed from our servers due to limited bandwidth quota for the month.)

Slaughter, ma man! I need input.

I am going to import this game from the Motherland, UK, since they dropped the ball here in the US. Is this an English *language* patch, or an English *nationality* patch?

I ASSume it is only language based, like most other games. Unless the UK version has people calling aliens "blokes" and such...

Please get back to me oh wise one!

I'm impressed with the speed at which the patch has been releaced. I was expecting to wait at least a week before I saw a patch. I feel sorry for the poor programmer who had to work over the weekend to fix the bugs. ;)

Now if this was EA we would have to wait at least 4 weeks for a patch. ;)

Thank you very much Altar. Will try it tonight. ;)

Slaughter, ma man!  I need input.

I am going to import this game from the Motherland, UK, since they dropped the ball here in the US.  Is this an English *language* patch, or an English *nationality* patch?

I ASSume it is only language based, like most other games.  Unless the UK version has people calling aliens "blokes" and such...

Please get back to me oh wise one!

This is a patch for the UK version of the game. It is sold in version 1.0. So if you order the game from the UK, there should be no trouble for you applying the patch, and it does not include "bloke" to my knowledge ;). I use it fine in Norway at least (I think :o, haven't started the game after I applied it).

I would be cautious.

I've a few games where the UK patch must be applied to the UK game version specifically (Raven Shield and Ghostmaster are two examples for you).

So if you're buying the UK game build, apply this patch. If you're buying the US version later this month there will probably be a slightly modified version for that.

There is no way to be sure without asking the devs.

Yes, Nikua, the US version is exactly the same as the UK version (and the spelling is American in both, but the voices are English -- I especially that tough Manchester guy pretending he's from Texas). So you need the patch for the version you order from UK and it is the same game you would hopefully be able to buy in USA later.

I'm impressed with the speed at which the patch has been releaced. I was expecting to wait at least a week before I saw a patch. I feel sorry for the poor programmer who had to work over the weekend to fix the bugs.  ;)

Now if this was EA we would have to wait at least 4 weeks for a patch.  ;)

Thank you very much Altar. Will try it tonight. ;)

Well actually these issues that have been fixed were probably found between UFO going gold and its release last week...

The voices are English as in "blimey bloke"? If anything, I think it will add some humor to it! However, is there anyway to switch them to American later, by simply changing the mp3's? Sorry for going on and on and on about this, just consider while you guys have the GAME to keep you busy, the REST of us are just biting at the bit...

Thanks to you AND Slaughter!

Before I add the patch.

Will the save games still work on the new patched version of the game ?

What happens to your current unlimited batteries ?

Do you still have loads, or do you end up with only one ?

Gordon

1. Seems to work fine.

2. I appear to still have unlimited batteries, even when I go back to before Area 51 (i.e. before I had any batteries/lasers), refight and then research batteries/lasers. I've pressed Ctrl-Alt-I (or whatever) to confirm that I'm using 1.1a

Running: UK release version now patched to 1.1a.

Seems I was wrong. Although the savegame works fine, it'll still be subject to Biomass slowdown (haven't bumped into that yet) and will not have the energy cells fixed. You need to restart. See here.

Might as well restart now rather than spoil the story. I suppose that this time I'll be a little less save & reload at the beginning ;) .