Final release date and more!

Slaughter

Brian Faller of Cenega Publishing made a post here yesterday, and it's quite interesting. Here it is:

Hi guys, Just to let you know the first review (PC Zone) should be on sale tomorrow (18/9/03) - I will get a scan done and hand it over to Slaughter to post on here. The next confirmed review is going to be in PC Gamer - should be on sale about the 25th - but I know they had played around with the on sale dates a few months back, so it might be out by a few days.

As for the release date - bad news I am afraid! - it has gone back to the 3rd October (UK) - for a few reasons:-

1) We could make the 26th September, but it would leave us no margin for error - so if there was a delay in printing or shipping then the shops would not get the stock in time - which would be very bad!

:bomber: :bomber:

2) In the UK there are about 20-30 games coming out on the 26, and only about 8 on the 3rd October, so to ensure the game gets the shelf space it deserves we pushed the date back a week.

But UFO: Aftermath will be available in the UK from the 3rd October (Italy will be on the 10th October, France a week or so later - everywhere else should be on the same day) - so do not worry it is coming soon (not accounting for fire, flood, world war, alien invasion (!) or other acts of god!)

:)  :)  :D Yes I agree BUT ---- PATIENCE is the NINJAS main ASSET so I am well trained for that  ;)  :blink:  :(:( ... Patches are fine but they fix BUGS but rarelyadds new features . Of course I am desparate to play but I will survive another delay after all  - AND MY SQUAD IS OFCOURSE READY TOO :)  :)  :eh:  ;)  :)  ;)  :D

too much coffee again... :(

What about the demo? I must say i am dissapinted by Cenege: they promised the demo will be available for download on 18 th september and what ? NOTHING! I wrote to them but i did not get anty answer (as usual).

I must say I think they really don`t care for clients (Polish Cenega).

So what about the demo? Suppose it will be out later when the game is also out huh? I am pissed...sorry but i am I was waiting so long for the demo .. and nothing! :blink: ??? ???

Cenega.pl made a mistake. They obviously though they would have the demo at the date Centauris mentions.

But as Kernel says Centauris, the demo was never promised by other parts of Cenega than the Polish office, and they are simply wrong. Expect the demo online sometime in the beginning of October (no guarantee, just a guess).

Oh, and welcome to the boards Centauris!

Dammit!!!!!!

I was looking forward for this demo for so long now ! Definately Cegena.pl suxx maxx ! I know because I bought game from them it was localized very very terribly! futhermore if I write a letter to them they won`t answer anyway!

Really I think they really should take care of their clients but no...they don`t care. :blink:

OK so demo will probably available the day when I will get the full game (that i have pre-ordered about 3 moths ago)...

Anyway I will get very very cool discount from 130 zł to 100 !! this is great news!

OK I am looking forward to this game ... ok c ya around :)

Yeah true but even some time ago when i wrote to them about sth else they did not answer. well guess it is the way it has to be :/ They will localize Ufo here in Poland...Oh Man, I really hope they will do it right...

Even the best game but poorly localized.... sukcs....

I don`t have a choice: I can only buy the PL version altought I would like better the english version. because I am afraid they will screw that one up...well time will tell...in the mean time i keep on entering this site many times a day to check if there are some new infos:)

C ya !

"shoot to kill: )

Hmm, you could try to contact the UK or CZ departments of Cenega. The ones I am in contact with there are very nice. But your questions are probably for the Polish department...?

Oh, and there's a Polish fansite here: https://members.lycos.co.uk/ufoaftermath/

I want you to stay here of course, but I guess it's nice for you to know that there is also one in your native language.