PC Gamer will have UFO:A demo in next issue

kiwi

I had a quick glance at PC Gamer (UK August issue) to see what they had to say about UFO:A .. and they will apparently have a demo of it in their next issue, which will be out towards the end of the month.

I know this is after the Sept 12 release of the game, but this is just FYI for anyone out there who wants to try it out first before buying it ...

:blink:

Indeed :) Cenega informed us of this in the interview we made with them. I'll quote:

UFOA.co.uk: When will a demo be available?

Cenega (Brian): We have signed a deal with PC Gamer with regard to the demo - they should have a cover mounted playable demo of the game in their November issue - out in September.

Anyway, thanks for mentioning it Kiwi!

By the way, I think it's a long time since I saw you on these parts last. Welcome back! :blink:

cheers Slaughter - I don't get to spend much time on my fun 'n games these days due to work & family commitments, so it's nice to get a chance to check in on the UFO:A neighbourhood!

I'm very excited about the imminent release of the game, I only hope it lives up to our expectations ...

In the meantime, I'm making do with replays of XCOM 1,2 & 3 to keep me happy!

:blink:

I get the PC Gamer here in the US (its OK, seen better, but its by far better than others avialable here, what ever happened to the UK PC Zone???)

But anyway, there is still no mention of the release of UFO in the US versions release list... which has releases right into October...

Whats going on? No UFO fans at PC Gamer (Seems that 80% of their reviews are FPS's anyway)

Indeed :) Cenega informed us of this in the interview we made with them. I'll quote:
UFOA.co.uk: When will a demo be available?

Cenega (Brian): We have signed a deal with PC Gamer with regard to the demo - they should have a cover mounted playable demo of the game in their November issue - out in September.

Anyway, thanks for mentioning it Kiwi!

By the way, I think it's a long time since I saw you on these parts last. Welcome back! :blink:

Actually, I think that this quote is a misquote. They';ve always said the demo would be released at the same time as the game, and it seems strange that the november issue of pc gamer is coming out in September, even if the magazines are produced early, do you think he actually meant October???

it will actually be out early october as i have just bought the october issue of DVD Gamer and thats still stating next month (november issue) available early october which means for those of us who have pre-ordered the game will be well underway before the demo is available

• 3 weeks later...