Alien 5 and 6?!?

Slaughter

This isn't Aftermath, but it's related! According to Zap2it.com there's a fifth and a sixth alien movie in the making!!! Don't know about you, but I think this is GREAT news! This has also been reported by Sci Fi Wire and EvilAvatar.com, and I think that means it has something to it. I sure hope so!

And while we're at it, there's a new Aliens versus Predator game in the making. Aliens versus Predator: Extinction is the name, and it's looking neat! It's a RTS, and from the looks of it, comparing it to Starcraft isn't out of the question. So why don't you visit avpnews.com and read their interview. Think you may like what you read (except that it's console only).

I'm not sure Alien 5&6 is a good news at all. So far each iteration of Alien came out worse than it's predecesors. No. 1&2 were IMMENSLY great, 3 was boring and 4 was complete crap. I hope they don't continue in that fassion.

But AvP is good news. I don't know why, but I found no. 1 scaryer than 2. Perhaps becouse the graphics was worse and it was even harder to spot them, he he he!

P.S.: Now that I read everything about AvP:E, I'm not sure this is good news, either. It's RTS, which make it not scary at all (which was the main strong point of every AvP against other similar games), not to mention that the "artistic liberty" as they call it will ruin the whole film created idea...

I think Alien was great, Aliens even better, Alien 3 was JUNK and Alien Resurrection was okay at the best. I have heard that either Ridley Scott or James Cameron might be interested in directing them, and they directed the two first ones, so there may still be hope.

As for AvP, I preferred the first one as well. It was simply creepier as you say.

Never played AvP was always a doom/duke fan til unreal Tourn. As for Alien Movies, im all good for more hehe, i loved 1 and 2, 3 was ermmm best forgoten 4 was ok. The idea was good but it could have been better. If the director changes they all the more fun.

F3

• 4 months later...
Never played AvP was always a doom/duke fan til unreal Tourn. As for Alien Movies, im all good for more hehe, i loved 1 and 2, 3 was ermmm best forgoten 4 was ok. The idea was good but it could have been better. If the director changes they all the more fun.

F3

Can people please give alien 3 a bit more slack it has some great elements in it that i feel rescued it from completly spoiling the genre such as the spiritual {as opposed to religious} element it adds to the mythos.The death and rebirth themes associated with the emergence of the chestburster during the wonderful narrative funeral scene and the end death scene of ripley it could have been a lot worse and thankfully allowed sigourney the heads up to use her influence to prevent future corruptions of the mythos thanks to the same quirk that arnie enjoys with the terminator films that the lead star essentially owns the copyright due to association by the fans rather than the authors and directors of the films who legally control copyright...plus i agree aliens is the best film in the saga...so far! :crazy:

for me it goes 2,1,4,3

aliens was , and is still the best film i ever seen.

Truly breathtaking when i first watched it and even now it gets me tinglin watching it.

i had HIGH hopes for 4 , and altho it was good it did dissapoint, but thinking about it, it really had little chance of beating 2, simply because of the impact 2 had on my yung impresssionable shoulders ;)

i hope their is a 5 and 6, just to see wat happen in the story line

Yes, Alien 3 had some nice scenes in it PHOENIX-NEO, but that's about it. And I agree with you GazMaN, Aliens was one of the gratest movies ever, and I don't think there will ever be one that is better. But I sure hope there will be more! And AvP would be great too!!! ;)

I watched 2 for the first time in my mid-teens. Scared me lots, but not now I'm a wee bit older. Still the best in my opinion, though for suspense, if you like that kind of thing, you can't really beat the first one.

I haven't seen the third one recently enough to comment and found the fourth one a bit odd. I think it would have made more sense not to kill Ripley off in the third and then have the story progress so far ahead in time.