I just wanna play Xcom 1.0!

r0dent

I just wanna play my Xcom 1.0 with the difficulty level fixed so I can actually play it on hard setting...... :D I don't want fancy new weapons or random terrain or whatever. The original 1.0 kicks ass and that's what I want!

I applied the 1.4 patch but that changes the game sound effects and other things and it sucks! Besides, it didn't fix the level bug.

I just tried XCOMUTIL 9.01 but it keeps saying "Bad File or Command Name" whenever it loads GEOSCAPE. (But oddly enough, it runs fine after the error message)...... but the problem is that it really screws up my graphic scrolling speed--- in combat whenever I move my mouse off-screen to scroll around, it zips by so fast that it's impossible for me to move the screen to where I want it. Basically the game is unplayable. ;)

Please dear God, send me a 1.0 patch so the level difficulty is fixed but nothing else is messed around with! :angel:

Have you tried checking your scroll speed from the options menu? The game speeds sometimes are stored in your savegames and the game tries to restore these settings, and these settings are sometimes retained between certain savegames, but not in others. I've often had my speed settings altered in mid-game after loading an old savegame. One moment firing speed is at the fastest setting, and the next turn my bullet is crawling across the screen so slowly that I could go and make myself a sandwich before it hits its target (okay, so I exaggerate, but you get my idea :D ).

Don't think XComutil would make the game faster though.

- NKF

• 2 weeks later...

Xcomutil is the only way to fix the dificulty bug in 1.0

the current version is 9.20 you can get it at scott's home page. just search for xcomutil in google. it is the top site.

I'm preaty shure that the mouse problem has been mentioned befor on alt.game.x-com so you can check their to see if their was a fix.

also you can email xcomutils author scott t jones his email address is also on his site.

-Blade