Money == Where mouth is

hatfarm

Well, since this board has been away. I've started compiling a list of the save game files and what each does. A lot of it came from the russian x-com site and NKF. Some of it came from my own experimenting as well. Anyway, it's not nearly finished but I figured I'd let you guys know while I'm still compiling the list and see if anyone can help fill in any holes. These are the files for the Collector's Edition which I guess are similar to the ones in the DOS version as well.

The website is:

https://www.xcomufo.com/hatfarm/

Please e-mail me with any additions. The files I have info on, but are not up yet are: soldier.dat, unitref.dat and I've just started looking into purchase.dat. Soldier.dat is pretty extensive as is unitref.dat but I pretty much only know how many bytes per entry there are for purchase.dat. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This information would be extremely useful if you wanted to ... say ... write a new executable for either the geoscape or battlescape portions of the game (without touching the other)

That, and knowing what kind of information is passed between the executables, which I think is already known (in some format) since xcomutil does stuff with it.

so in short, id say: Cool, keep up the good work =)

• 3 weeks later...
This information would be extremely useful if you wanted to ... say ... write a new executable for either the geoscape or battlescape portions of the game (without touching the other)

That, and knowing what kind of information is passed between the executables, which I think is already known (in some format) since xcomutil does stuff with it.

so in short, id say: Cool, keep up the good work =)

The problem with that Daishiva is that the missdat directory uses diferent files. they layouts are basicly the same but most of the info is not there becaus it's created by tactical. and some of that info is not used in the saved games.

so and understanding of both pre and post combat would also be needed to write new game engines.

-Blade FireLight