Chanjmap

Stewart

I'd have to join that other fansite to see what you posted. Why not post a link on this site under the Modding forum?

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. :P Perhaps a mod could move this topic?

As for the other site, don't worry membership is free, and they're not selling info to advertisers. It's just a fan site made for and run by fans; it's cool.

@ Stewart

shanty town is cool, also cydonia city.

But i can't use buildings from urban terrain, in for example desert terrain. It's impossible because of the different tile sets.

Have you solved this problem and i am doing something wrong ?

Yeah, I was equally disapointed when I noticed that too. Remember this isn't really a map "editor" per se, it just moves files around so that some maps have a better chance to be included in an overall battlescape map.

As for the problem, no I haven't figured it out. There is a real xcom map editor by a guy whose name as I recall is Marco Keiser but it's in German. I ahven't tried it myself but I've read (I think on Scott Jones site) that it's pretty straight forward to figure out.

Let me know about the other maps you try.

• 1 month later...
do you have any suggestions which are yet existing in this "editor".

I am not quite sure what you mean by that question, could you rephrase that?

Oh I see the confusion. :P

I mean the editor that is the subject of this thread. It's not really an editor it just takes the existing map elements and improves or lessens the odds of particular map elements being used to make various battlescape maps. For example "The big field of wheat" map makes the likehood that all map elements of a farm map being a wheat field 100%.

If you've used this "editor" you can see that there are several "maps" you can use for each terrain type. I tried to think of as many as I could but many heads are better than one. So, if anyone has some ideas let me know.

That's what I meant.

"Editor" is a misnomer, at least in the sense of moving individual object or introducing brand new ones into a map (place tree here instead of there or I just made a parked motorcycle, I'll put that in, that kind of thing). It takes the existing mapfiles and rearranges them to manipulate the odds that particular maps will be used in a battlescape map.

It's a simple DOS batchfile, download it, what it does should be fairly selfevident once you try it.

At any rate the question/request left hanging before was if anyone can think of any map ideas (in the way this "editor" makes maps) that I haven't thought of let me know and I can try to include them.

Edit:

Oh, I just thought, can you split/merge topics? Maybe you can split the locked thread and place the posts dealing with the two mods in their respective "new" threads?

• 4 years later...
Edit:

Oh, I just thought, can you split/merge topics? Maybe you can split the locked thread and place the posts dealing with the two mods in their respective "new" threads?

This was a long wait, but done. Everything is where it belongs now. ;)

By the way, I added Stewart's chanjmap program to our files section here. With his permission, I did a little work on it so that installing was easier. No longer do you need to change the file extension from .ex to .exe, that was done just to allow it to be uploaded to the forum software years ago. The installer was also removed and instead all the files are simply placed in a zip file. Nothing could be easier. :)

If any of you want to comment about the program, Stewart asks to kindly visit this topic over at the xcomufo forums, since it is easier for him to track things (need to register over there to post, but it's free and easy). Of course, if anybody wants to discuss it here, feel free. :blink:

- Zombie