Munkey's page

Munkeylord

i just built it. there isn't much on it yet but if anyone wants to post some mods on it i'd be happy to do it. also check out the mod i got on there if your bored with the original weapons. i'm also working on a way that a person can dload individual weapons. check the site often as i will be adding alot of the things i've done pretty soon. only if you care that is!

don't forget comments or suggestions.

https://www.geocities.com/munkeylord/xcaddons.html

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work.

However I have one gripe.

your chosen method of restoring the english.dat

(I have the same grip with scott's method)

My sugestion is to export the entrys you want to change to a new file using sdump. then you can restore from that. so you dont overwrite any other mod's changes if they are applyed after your mod.

If you need more spacifics on how to do this PM me.

-Blade FireLight

should be in the off topic section :(

There's a typo ("not" instead of "note") and some of your underlined headings look a bit like they're meant to be links (at least thats what i thought they were meant to be until I fidured out they were headings) whihc may cause confusion (it did for me :P )

I would go on to say the good things to prove I'm not overly negative, but I'm out of time, so i'll say that later.

ok for anyone who dloaded the individual weapon zips, i'd like to say i'm sorry they don't work. the reason is that i left 1 letter out of the .bat file. to fix just edit the bat and find the line sdump geodata\english2.dat merge...........in that line the L is missing out of the english2 near the end, just put it in and run it again. it will work that little letter drove me insane! i couldn't figure out why it worked one moment and then just quit. i did have it working before but i must of did something by accident. oh and there might be another problem after this but i'll fix them both good, but i'm going to put them back up on the site. fixed,later along with other stuff so check it tonight. t

Nicely done! Must point out though that that isn't an SA80; a search reveals it to be either the

Enfield 4.85mm rifle or the

XL64E5/XL70E3 5.56mm prototype rifle, the predecessor of the Sa80.

The SA80 looks like this. They used to be very unreliable, have recently been modified by Heckler & Koch to L85-A2 standard; I've heard good things from servicemen about them but whether they're up to scratch in combat remains to be seen.

Nice work though. Very impressed on the attention to detail.

:P thanks, ok well now that i've figured out how to use two different weapons without one overwriteing the other there will be at least 7 different pistols to chose from as well as some new rifles. someone give me some ideas for the heavy cannon and auto cannon. i like real world weapons so preferably i wouldn't make a x234 pulse anti matter particle shotgun. what does anyone want to see? i also have smgs that replace the pistol in the works. let me know what u want to see and give some input. also if you notice anything wrong with the weapon stats, like i noticed with the m4, the aimed shot couldn't hit a barn if you were standing 3 squares away or weapon power issues. help me fix this stuff and then help me think of stuff since i sorta hit a wall with my imagination.

:P LOL

Thats _Blade_ FireLight

I got the name from this picture from Ultima6

https://bladefirelight.home.attbi.com/images/Blade.jpg

Blade comes the ear rings and Firelight from the hair.

She is my role playing persona. A Half Elf Ranger.

Back on topic...

How about a Musket? :(

-Blade FireLight

oops..........................sorry blu...,i mean BLADE. well guess what?? can anyone guess what is not going to work at the moment?? pistols and rifles living in the same xcom directory! the damn thing tricked me again. until i find the right combination of replaceing and deleteing files they won't seem to work but only once then they start over writing eachother, isn't it BS! but yes......a musket...........hmm......you realize what your asking me to make right? a rifle that has the rate of fire of settling peanut butter. well ok it will suck up time units to shoot and be very powerful and only aimed shot but then you'd have to give the aliens muskets...............hey! thats a great idea! but then aliens would only have one or 2 shots while you could load your troops up on musket balls..hmm, ok blade you'll get your musket after you help me figure out this tiny isty bitsy problem....

GEEZAS i hate batch files! they are evil demons! well i figured out why the pistols and rifles wouldn't work together and was kinda curious why only one of my weapons would work........they were all trying to use the same damn patch and that just won't happen when the patch doesn't even exist but in one weapon....well its fixed again, i'm going to pay closer attention to what the hell i'm doing from now on, i'll try. anyone could of over looked it but yes as soon as i fix these damn batch files again there will be more to chose from. and there will be a musket since i just made one, looks pretty nice too. damn i feel like a fool.

Yeah, the original .exe only likes one pistol and one rifle file... you could use the laser or plasma slots, I suppose

Using Duma's links, the

Heavy cannon equivalent: MGL-MK1 Multishot Grenade Launcher

Autocannon:

GAU-series Miniguns

I'd like to have something heavy, with the damage of a pistol, lower accuracy, but capable of a very low-TU burst-mode, like the M4000 in Apocalypse, delivering 15 rounds in one turn.

The M249 Squad Assault Weapon has appeared in Counterstrike and the like and fills the Autocannon role too, I guess.

And one of these days I'd like to play with a Noisy Cricket...maybe just edit the Plasma pistol up to HE damage :P

hmm, well jelly :devil: i like the multi grenade launcher idea. i have a minigun already but i might have to redo the graphics to my "new" style of making them. its in the xc1wp.zip and i've been thinking about the m-249 as well. i also have ideas for c-mags for a few selected rifles. what i meant by not being able to use the pistol and rifle in the same directory is that they would overwrite eachother changing one to the original stats. but thats all fixed now. i have a new system of adding the weapons in without that happening. though the files delete themselves after the initial install to keep cluter at a minimum. but i recommend making a new folder to put the zips in and try not to run the .bat file when its not backed up since i lost a pistol doing that by accident..........i might just take the deleting thing out since it does have a chance to screw things up for anyone who accidently runs the file without a backup. but a multi grenade launcher, minigun, and an m-249 will be in the works then.

I just tried a few of your weapon mods. the SA-80 and the M-4. Great work, the models look sharp. Perhaps in the future a sniper rifle single mod, in one of the cannon slots. I know there is a mod with the PSG-1 but I prefer your idea of the single weapon mod. Thanks for sharing your mods! Cheers.

I love this XM-29... what would everyone think of this actually being the X-COM rifle? I mean, it's way futuristic, got all the kind of cool gadgets and stuff that X-COM would need... Granted the gun in UFO didn't have an HE setting... this gun is cool.

I'm just asking in reference to my fic.

Edit: Also, does this weapon remind anyone of the M-41A Pulse Rifle from Aliens?