Anyone Willing to Make Alliance Live?

samsam

Here's a thought:

Enforcer was basically a very watered down version of Alliance (which pretty much ground to a halt when one of their leading members left). Enforcer uses the Unreal Tournament engine at its core, which is also the same one used in Deus Ex, by the way.

Couldn't this in theory mean that anyone familiar with modding the Unreal Tournament engines can also make a complete overhaul mod for Enforcer and make it many times superior to what it currently is?

So we have the board and the pieces, now all we need are some new rules and maybe a few extra bells and whistles. Right? No? Never mind then.

- NKF

For some things you might need access to the source code I'd imagine. But also the UT engine is a bit dated nowadays.

If graphics meant anything to us, then none of us would be playing X-COM anymore. I don't know anyone with any Unreal Tournament modding abilities, but from mods I've already seen, such a thing can be MORE than done! :P

I assume they will pumpkinhead seeing as HL was a success because of the mods (they say they will make HL2 even easier to mod) and an X-COM mod using the HL2 source engine really would be somthing (by the way, I was disapointed by Enforcer, IMHO it sucked donkey balls!)

• 2 weeks later...

Another option would be to make an X-COM mod for Unreal Tournament 2003/2004. The graphics are quite good and the game has full mod support.

Hmm... I saw a grey 3D model somewhere...

PS: Even another option would be to make the corresponding character 3D models, since the maps are quite futuristic and probably X-COM-ish enough. :P

Was just thinking we could consider doing Genesis and Enforcer too.

Make Enforcer fit in to the timeline a bit more, and make it more tactical with a proper story to boot.

Also if no-one else has started one, I could work on a Game Design Doc for Alliance. It would also give a good opportunity for the community, as I could see how the XCAS sim is going along, and use some of the ideas they made from that, and also people could send me their ideas for plot points/lines.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was poking around some old screenshot directories and found some of the publicity shots for Alliance.

https://isidis.kasei.net/~mazdek/screens/X-COM_Alliance/X-COM_Alliance_Logo.JPG

I've made a zip file and a torrent of that zip that includes all the screenshots and publicity "photos" and the intro movie they released that I have. The zip file is 76.7meg, and I've created a torrent for it so please use that if you can. If you can't, go install BitTorrent and then use it anyway. :blush:

X-COM_Alliance.zip.torrent

X-COM_Alliance.zip

I hope I did that torrent right, someone let me know if it doesn't work. Thanks!