XCom 6 is recruiting

The Veteran

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it's funny you mention it but we've just thought about the necessity of a site! Welcome aboard SG! Go to the website if you haven't already (it's linked in the first post here /\ ) and apply to the workspace. Bulma will clear you as soon as HE (his name is Ivan :P) gets your application. We've also recently accepted the membership of a new 2D artist which is fantastic as he is hopefully going to do some menus for us. Look forward to seeing you as part of the team SG and if you need anything ask!

okay, i'm thinking that there could be these idea:

1) Lighting - the use of a torch in a dark, scary slum and nothing in the day.

2)Multiplayer - Co-op (1 person on a team and the other on a different team like on apoc)

3)1 player mode - you are the only person you control for x-com. You must survive with your team and give them help (aspects of the final x-com which didnt get finished.

4)Able to go outside the building (eg. if it was in a factory) and sniper from on top

Thats all I think of, and I know you probably couldnt do all this but when the game is actually in 4th gear, we could try this.

I think we should have an IRC about the game?? And what is the title?

Stun Grenade

Game is currently called XCom : Colonisation (the lack of hyphen makes it legal :P)

1. We will have lightning weapons later in the game which will be paralysis weapons above land and grenades under water. We have flares and torches for seeing in the dark, both of which function for a brief period of time before going out.

2. It would take a lot of work but it would be good if we could do it. Multiplayer would see, as you said, one person controlling half of the team and another controlling the other half. If many players could cooperate then it may even be possible to have one player per soldier.

3. This is an isometirc squad based tactical game just like the originals, not a first person like Alliance (although certain aspects of this game may be included. We're in early stages of discussion) In single player, the gamer will control the entire squad in turn-based or possibly realtime. It will be possible to control each soldier individually or many at once. All soldiers will need personal attention in single player however.

4. Each map with be 3D with inside and outside terrain. It will be possible to shoot from windows, rooves and doorways including many subterranean features. The demo map is nearing completion, you will be shown it as soon as you join the workspace.

I just downloaded DOGA Level 1.

You get three windows to work in and another that shows a 3/4 view. I'm playing with a racecar model at the moment. At the very least it could be used to help refine concepts.

Edit: This thing rocks for vehicles :( I'm almost finished with a fighter/transporter (in like 30 minutes :P ). PM if you want a copy of the file.

Edit2: Got a transport with missiles on the nascels an turrented laser cannons on the roof that can cover about 270 degrees across the front.

Assault Transport Prototype:

https://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/jgodwin/transport.jpg

Just so Angelfire doesn't have a reason to kill me:

Pics on a Web Page. YAY!!!!

It's a 26MB download, but it can do multiple textures and colors. It appears to be fully functional but you don't get a help file with it. Don't bother with L2. It won't allow you to render a pic and I'm not sure that it will let you save either. I working on a revised transport in L3 right now. :P

nice work J,

im really confused coz i don't know what i should be doing on the new game. I want to make the site and some 3D Models like J's.

whats the title of the game coz then the url could be www.geocities.com/"gamename"

just tell me what to do, i also posted in the workspace message board

~SG

• 1 month later...