#21 Pumpkinhead

Pumpkinhead

Vengeance: The Demon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 02:24 AM

The Veteran, on Dec 11 2003, 11:45 PM, said:

I just said this in your other toic but I'll say it again! Fancy doing some 2D art and concept drawings for weapons, aliens, and our in-between-screens (don't ask I've just started calling them that :()
I also said this in my other thread, but although I believe I'm capable of doing what is needed, I regretably can't help due to my lack of a scanner to get the drawings onto the computer :P
"The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO; Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and refracted the light from Venus."
-- K, Men In Black

#22 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 09:19 PM

Again I said this in the other thread but I'm not going to say it again because thids is getting silly :P When you read the other thread just put in some kind of a blanking post and reply in here instead! :(
Welcome back to the wonderful world of Fan-fiction! (it's short for fantastic!)
Go check em out, UFO TFTD and Apocalypse all under one roof!!!

Also why not check out XCom : Colonisation over in the special projects forum. Won't kill you if you do, might kill you if you don't!

#23 Loonie

Loonie

Lieutenant And Leader Of The X-Com Genesis Sim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 05:39 PM

Heh heh. This place is recruiting and soon enough another place will be recruiting too. Fortunately though the required skill set for being a part of the creation team of THAT X-Com game will not be so narrow as this one. :P
XCGS

Martin Kacur
Lieutenant and former CO of Alpha Squad
Reason: A mind-controlled Commander and a whiny outlook on life in general.

#24 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 01:00 AM

Oi! Get your own advert scumbag! :P

Also why not check out XCom : Colonisation over in the special projects forum. Won't kill you if you do, might kill you if you don't!

#25 Loonie

Loonie

Lieutenant And Leader Of The X-Com Genesis Sim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:22 AM

Oops! Pardon pardon pardon!  :P

Just sorta.......making people look curious towards my direction before I do post my advert. :(
XCGS

Martin Kacur
Lieutenant and former CO of Alpha Squad
Reason: A mind-controlled Commander and a whiny outlook on life in general.

#26 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 05:19 PM

lol well that's fine. But not in my advert thread!

#27 Stun Grenade

Stun Grenade

Keeping Mega-Primus safe since 2080

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 03:02 AM

Hey Team,

This sounds really great and I would like to contribute in some way. If I don't have the right skills for the creation of the game, I could help make a site for it since I'm good with HTML and Java.

Good luck Veteran,
Stun Grenade
"The Stun Grenade can be used to stun targets within a small area for a brief time. Larger Aliens may need weakening before they can be stunned."

#28 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 04:28 AM

You know it's funny you mention it but we've just thought about the necessity of a site! Welcome aboard SG! Go to the website if you haven't already (it's linked in the first post here /\ ) and apply to the workspace. Bulma will clear you as soon as HE (his name is Ivan :P) gets your application. We've also recently accepted the membership of a new 2D artist which is fantastic as he is hopefully going to do some menus for us. Look forward to seeing you as part of the team SG and if you need anything ask!

#29 Stun Grenade

Stun Grenade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 06:10 AM

okay, i'm thinking that there could be these idea:

1) Lighting - the use of a torch in a dark, scary slum and nothing in the day.

2)Multiplayer - Co-op (1 person on a team and the other on a different team like on apoc)

3)1 player mode -  you are the only person you control for x-com. You must survive with your team and give them help (aspects of the final x-com which didnt get finished.

4)Able to go outside the building (eg. if it was in a factory) and sniper from on top

Thats all I think of, and I know you probably couldnt do all this but when the game is actually in 4th gear, we could try this.

I think we should have an IRC about the game?? And what is the title?

Stun Grenade
"The Stun Grenade can be used to stun targets within a small area for a brief time. Larger Aliens may need weakening before they can be stunned."

#30 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 02:23 PM

Game is currently called XCom : Colonisation (the lack of hyphen makes it legal :P)

1. We will have lightning weapons later in the game which will be paralysis weapons above land and grenades under water. We have flares and torches for seeing in the dark, both of which function for a brief period of time before going out.

2. It would take a lot of work but it would be good if we could do it. Multiplayer would see, as you said, one person controlling half of the team and another controlling the other half. If many players could cooperate then it may even be possible to have one player per soldier.

3. This is an isometirc squad based tactical game just like the originals, not a first person like Alliance (although certain aspects of this game may be included. We're in early stages of discussion) In single player, the gamer will control the entire squad in turn-based or possibly realtime. It will be possible to control each soldier individually or many at once. All soldiers will need personal attention in single player however.

4. Each map with be 3D with inside and outside terrain. It will be possible to shoot from windows, rooves and doorways including many subterranean features. The demo map is nearing completion, you will be shown it as soon as you join the workspace.

#31 Stun Grenade

Stun Grenade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 12:17 AM

i was trying to join but it wouldnt let me..... hmmm

#32 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 01:01 AM

Send an email to bulma asking to join
I told him about you so he's keen to have you aboard!

#33 Stun Grenade

Stun Grenade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 01:12 AM

do u have bulma's email??

thanks

#34 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 04:45 PM

bulmaxp@hotmail.com unless I'm much mistaken! Add her to your hotmail if you have it and tell her who you are!

#35 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 05:07 AM

I found out about a 3D modeling program that my delapidated piece of junk can run. :P
It's called Doga, but I'm not sure if there would any compatabiity with the program Balou had.
"Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face."
-- Krusty the Clown, "The Simpsons"

#36 Stun Grenade

Stun Grenade

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 05:22 AM

i looked at the screenshot of DOGA... looks complicated, but that craft in the pic could be used in XCOM!

#37 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 05:30 AM

I just downloaded DOGA Level 1.

You get three windows to work in and another that shows a 3/4 view. I'm playing with a racecar model at the moment. At the very least it could be used to help refine concepts.

Edit: This thing rocks for vehicles :( I'm almost finished with a fighter/transporter (in like 30 minutes :P ).  PM if you want a copy of the file.

Edit2: Got a transport with missiles on the nascels an turrented laser cannons on the roof that can cover about 270 degrees across the front.

Assault Transport Prototype:
Posted Image

Just so Angelfire doesn't have a reason to kill me:
Pics on a Web Page. YAY!!!!
"Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face."

#38 Jman4117

Jman4117

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 10:14 PM

DOGA L3: Star Fighter

Posted Image

#39 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 10:40 PM

wow, I may check out this program myself! That's good work for half an hour!!! Get down to the website right now :P

#40 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 10:43 PM

wow... That fighter beat my post up :P I'm even more impressed! Did you do it or is it an example pic?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users