XCom 6 is recruiting

The Veteran

I couldn't decide whether to put this in mods or new games... This one has less topics so I thought I'd be generous :P Plus I'm a moderator in this forum :(

Anyway for those of you who do and don't know and/or care, there is a new XCom game that's been in the works for many months now that is desperately in need of new members. Our leading 3D artist took a trip a while ago and is still not back. We just heard from him which is nice but it's not really progress!

Anyway, this is going to play AS part of the XCom storyline but no crappy tie ins like Enforcer :( It's in the style of the first two games and the tactical part of the program (though crude) can already be sampled. We have troop movement, firing and accuracy and a lot of the other tricky programmy bits done and dusted.

What we need is as big a bunch of 3D artists and another handful of 2D artists as well as as many more programmers as possible! The website for the project is HERE and you can email either me at tj_munt@yahoo.co.uk or Bulma (Ivan) the project leader at bulmaxp@hotmail.com

Don't let us down! And people who read his please reply! It;'d be nice to keep this topic on top for as long as possible! Ask questions and I shall answer them! Join the project and I will do whatever you want :(

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's set a long time before any of the other games and the storyline explains all of those little questions that pop up on the forums from time to time. Who made lobstermen? Where DID gillmen actually come from? Is the alien brain telling the truth in the end movie and if so what happened to Mars? Everything except where do sectoids keep their grenades! If you want the full storyline.doc then I'll send it to you Hobbes but only members of the team see the paperwork :P

It's set a long time before any of the other games

Hmmm....just how long? Stone Age? Fighting the aliens with clubs and spears? Medieval, using catapults and swords? Atlantis? (that would explain all those classical temples resting at the bottom of the ocean on TFTD).

I guess I'll either have to be a part on the team or wait for *someone* to leak the details :P

• 4 weeks later...
We're after peopleagain. Desperately need sD artists and some 2D as well. Any programmers would also be welcome. Let me know ASAP. That means now! Weneed these positions filled so we can release a demo of the game. It'll just be one tactical level consisting of two human sides and a small selection of the hundreds of weapons available. The more of you we have helping the sooner you'll get to play the game! If you can't help then tell your friends! Someone must be able to do these thing for us!

We're going need a lot of textures imminently for the demo textures, human skins, furniture and later for alien skins and items etc. Obviously we need 3D artists to do the modelling for us first though! We already have models for the soldiers and a couple of guns but that's about it as our main 3D artist vanished a while ago and still hasn't come back. (We know he is but he hasn't yet!)

We do also need a few concept art pieces though. A coupleof end turn screens wouldn't go amiss, maybe a few people for the equip screen and some larger scale weapons for the same thing.

We also desperately need a few people to do us a globe. I have the texture in a sideways figure of 8 shape ( OO ) but it'll need stretching and making green first as it has no cities, trees, grass of any kind! Then we'll need someone to make us a bump map and someone to make us a rotational program so we can actually integrate the globe into the Geoscape and make it useable.

So as you see there really is a job for everyone! We need music too at some point so if anyone fancies giving that a shot it would certainly spice up the tactical demo we have so far (early stages, not too pretty)

Whether you can help or not Terrawatt thanks for the interest :P It makes me feel a lot better!

You're not useless, you're just not much help right now :P Could you not get another 3D program? You could at least be doing some of the furniture for our demo. It's incredibly simple stuff. Cupboards, beds, filing cabinets etc. It's just like the stuff on the original game but it's all 3D

You're not useless, you're just not much help right now :P Could you not get another 3D program? You could at least be doing some of the furniture for our demo. It's incredibly simple stuff. Cupboards, beds, filing cabinets etc. It's just like the stuff on the original game but it's all 3D

What file format does it need to be in? I could give it a shot! I still have Maya on my computer, I just can't use the texture viewer for some reason...

None of my UFO editors/viewers seem to work on my new computer either, so if you need UFO furniture made, you'd need to send me the images...

I'd need to anyway. They're similar to items in UFO but I just know that, it wasn't intended! I believe any 3D program will do as files can be imported and exported to different places. I'll check if that's right and let you know. As for the pics of what we need, I'm not done yet but I'll put some speed on now I know we may have a helper.

Welcome aboard PK!

Yes Jman there will be datsuns (that'll stop him leaving again!) We're still waiting on the inventory screen avec trooper and weapons, we need a screen for the end of turn and I'm thinking a few for 'mission complete' 'mission failed' and 'mission aborted' could be nice... We could maybe have Balou do us some small animations for them when he gets back... It was going to be X-Com but I since looked into the liscense and realised that if we called it XCom it would be legal :P

I just said this in your other toic but I'll say it again! Fancy doing some 2D art and concept drawings for weapons, aliens, and our in-between-screens (don't ask I've just started calling them that :()

I also said this in my other thread, but although I believe I'm capable of doing what is needed, I regretably can't help due to my lack of a scanner to get the drawings onto the computer :P