X-Com Apocalypse USB mouse probs

rokku

Hey I got a copy of xcom apoc (not cd version) and I'm trying to run it on win2k. I've got the sound and graphics working fine. But I've got a big problem with the mouse. When I run the game and I reach the main menu my mouse is stuck in the top left corner of the screen in a little square region. It can move fine in that little area but is blocked off from reaching anywhere else. I heard that dos doesn't support usb mice and that this is the reason it isn't working.

Can someone please provide me with a fix for this?

Thanks!

Ohh by the way I've read the other post here about this mouse problem but I can't fix it with dos drivers cuz there doesn't seem to be any for a usb mouse.

Hey even if someone knows of a mouse emulator for dos that I can use my keyboard keys for the mouse movements would be some help cuz right now I can't play it at all.

Oi Pete you rascal you, everybody KNOWS you can only get Apocalypse on magnetic tape. Why, you can't move in my house for all the X-Com Apocalypse tape drums....

Uh, nevermind. :D

For those with the vinyl edition of the game(it's pirated you know, generally found in obscure parts of Asia that you've probably never heard of), how about getting a ps/2 (the plug, not the Playstation 2) mouse? They are still in circulation, and some even come with crusty old dos drivers that should work, but the windows drivers might work too.

Oh and for those with the *ahem* VHS version of X-Com Apocalypse (another pirated version of the game) you could even try one of those new fangled serial mice.

I can't seem to find a mouse that'll plug into the LPT or midi ports though... But no worries, I'll be on my guard!

- NKF

I think I might need a bit of therapy...

errr yeah my hmmmm.... Tibetan imported vinyl copy that was sequestered from shady merchants during the shipment...version camee packaged in a 50 mb rar file. I try to face my guilt by lovingly looking at my old original amiga copy of ufo enemy unkown and fondly remember the days when I walked the straight path.

But yeah.... so are dos usb drivers non existent?? I'd even go for a emulator.

Ohh and before I buy a ps/2 mouse I'd prefer to actually get the game itself and do that fix instead.

I'm in australia and all the stores don't have it. Any aussie guys that actually know where to find it?!

Thanks

Ahem

[me]points his finger towards the Annoucements forum[/me]

Copied games eh? Tks Tsk. Well, you're not getting any help from me, other than to say, any bugs or troubles you may have are possibly due to it being a copy, so I wouldn't be surprised if you've got one of the many virus-laden copies of the game so common nowadays :D

Finding the game? Easy. I have three copies going spare myself (or was that four... I forget). If you would like to purchase one off me, simply e-mail me with your country of origin (so's I can work out postage on it) and then I'll tack that onto the price and mail you back.

Me e-mail address is pete@nospamx-com.co.uk minus the no spam of course.