X-COM UFO/TFTD Remake Underway!

KC_Dud

Hello,

I just decided to do a remake for X-COM 1 & 2. My plan is to combine two games into one... in which you can build bases under-water and on land. Of course... plan might change to only a remake for X-COM 1.

I am programming using the SDL library and I can get the graphics engine finished no problem.

But...I need game specs and ideas from you people, the fans of the best game ever made -= X-COM =-.

If you're interested... here's what you have to do... e-mail me description of the game flow. For example, describe to me how exactly (or roughly since no one has the original source code) how the game calculate TU consumstion or when do the aliens start building bases.

Basically I would like you to help me develop a plan as close to the original game as possible. The enhancement I will do is better graphics and higher compatibilities to windows. The rest of the design is up to you. Since the game will be written with SDL, someone can port it to Linux when I'm finished.

Of course, you will be credited for your help.

When I have some form of beta version... I will start a site in Source-Forge.

May the First Invasion begin once again

email: high_ground1@hotmail.com

KC Dud

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a good plan... I think everyone is a bit wary of believing this as a ton of people always say they are going to do this and never hear from the again.

Go to https://www.xcomufo.com and check out their remake of X-COM, called "Xenocide". Thier Geoscape looks godly. If your Geoscape doesn't look as godly as that one then... you should either wait for Xenocide to come out or make a bad ass game!