Half-Life X-Com mod

Red Wizard

I just thought that I'd bring this little project to everyone's attention. THe project's name is Last Hope, and it's a modification for Half-Life. (This much you probably surmised from the title)

Anyway, the team is just now getting started, from what I can glean from their message boards (which can be found here), and have a few models and concepts worked out. Personally, I think that this may be the closest that we may ever get to X-Com Alliance, so I'd really like to see everything grow. The only problem is I don't really have any skills I can add to the project. If you are interested, go ahead and contact them, I'd hate to see this project bite the dust.

If you are interested, go ahead and contact them, I'd hate to see this project bite the dust.

You mean like the last Half-Life/X-COM mod, the one that bit the dust when the owners of the rights to X-COM noticed them? :(

I'd like to see a new X-COM game too, but preferably one that won't involve someone's butt being put in a sling by hordes of rabid attack lawyers, y'know? Anyway, I'm leary about the idea of a FPS X-COM; that way lies Enforcer... :bored:

• 3 weeks later...

Pete your wrong.

The mod didn't have to stop because of Infogrames. PsyGuy told me that he shut the mod down when the other mod ( X-COM: End of Days ??? ) was forced to shutdown by Infogrames.

Before he revived it, he send a letter to Infogrames for permission. Infogrames answer was that they didn't like us to mod X-COM but they wouldn't stop us either.

So, now we mod it, and there's no one to stop us :(

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well,

a map will be loaded with the interceptor and the ufo. when the interceptor scores a hit, the ufo will come a bit closer. if the ufo scores a hit the interceptor will move further away. the moving distant is calculated by the amount of damage taken.

the flight time of the will be around 1min or more. when the ufo reaches the end, he outruns the interceptor.

this is one of the many ideas behind interception. we're still voting which to use as the hl engine has it's limitations.