X-Com Movie Script

saganot

• 2 months later...

Saganot - If you even read these forums anymore, you are not too late to write a movie script for UFO. They guys at Boba Fett films are making a "homemovie" style X-COM movie, not exactly hollywood.

I am VERY interested in making a hollywood movie for X-COM, so if anyone would ever like to help me out in converting my fanfic (which I hope to make into a book) into a script, or just has any ideas in general about making a real box-office X-COM drop me a line.

As for the makers of the movie being christian, I don't see how that has any bearing on anything. I don't think their movie has jesus in it, or god throwing lightning bolts at sectoids, so I don't even see the relevance.

X-COM the game had no religious ideals in it, so I don't think any movie should either.

X-COM the game had no religious ideals in it, so I don't think any movie should either.

It sure has a lot of religious implications....if it were the aliens that created man and not God, then most of the world's religions would just been thrown out of the window. :D

By religious I mean a belief, the game simply presented an idea that the brain said, and could very well have been bullshit to try and save itself.

What I'm trying to say is that, any person who makes a movie should stay away from any kind of religious stuff. You don't want to turn X-COM into some stupid religious promotion, and you'll turn away fans.

I know I wouldn't want to see an X-COM movie if before every battle the soldiers prayed to god and believed that with god's help they'd win the day. Naturally a few soldiers would do that, in fact in my fanfic there's a moslem and a jew that do their little cross around the heart before battle. I'm just saying that a movie should not be opinionated, as to push some viewers away.

X-COM was an action/scifi game, and the movie should be as well.

You can make the movie as seen through the eyes of a Sirius Cultist....

"Infidels! Heretics! Burn! Burn! Burn" *Fires incendiary auto-cannon rounds at disembarking X-Com soldiers*.

Cuts to:

Cultist on his knees in front of a Sectoid hanging from a cross. "Oh God, I hope I have my twenty female hybrids in paradise when I became a martyr".

That way it would be possible to contact the Raelists (the guys who say we have descended from the aliens and that now are claiming to having cloned the first humans) and get some funding for the movie! Can't you just imagine that?

Now that would be cool and the only thing necessary would be to add some religion to the movie.

PS - I keep trying to convince the nice people in white about this every time they peek into my padded room but the shirt they gave me makes it difficult to move my arms. :D

That is a point though. The same would have to apply to other things like nationality of X-Com personnel (not to get the typical all american style again), meaning as wide an array of nationalities as possible. Though despite all this the soldiers would have to act and think like soldiers, the scientists like scientists,...

And oh yeah, not an excessive amount of catchphrases like "Take that MoFos." and so on. It isn't wrong if such a line is done something like once or *maybe* twice in the movie, but any more will simply reflect that it's more or less of a cheap attempt at getting a rise out of people. :)

EDIT: Hobbes beat me to it, so a reply to his post too. :D

It would gather support (heh, though I'm not too sure just how much funding they would provide for a movie which has a fanbase of something like 2000 people or so, with or without their religious beliefs :) ). But once again it musn't be shown to the max. What I've personnaly never seen is both sides of the opposing factions displayed on equal terms. That is to say for instance that it wouldn't be something like 90% of the movie shows X-Com efforts, 10% at most shows alien efforts, but more like 60%-40%. That way you get a perspective from both sides point of view. :) (though it may become somewhat confusing concidering the whole movie ;).

• 3 weeks later...

There is no sense in worrying about anything religious in it. If my story were made into a movie, no more than 3 seconds would be devoted to religious stuff. It would be a scene where the main character sees two soldiers praying before battle in a skyranger.

An X-COM movie is going to have enough to show in it's 2 1/2 hours, there is no time to waste on religion. It's an action/sci-fi movie. Plain and simple.

• 8 months later...

I started an X-Com screenplay a while back, but reading over it again now, I'm not really that happy with it :dontgetit:

I'd like to collaborate with you both, Saganot and Fox, if you're interested coming up with a better one :)

If you wanna read my original to see what I'd come up with, the link is here! There's 2 parts to it. There's the Intro... but then there's another part I came up with to add somewhere later on in the film that I had to write before I forgot about it...

haha! Classic :)

I know it's not XCom but I want to say how wrong you could p[ossibly be Ki-tat :D Ever since LOTR was written there's been speculation about its similarity to WWII and religious implications of the book. Tolkien has repeatedly said that this is not the case and that it's just a fantasy story. A damn good one at that :)

And Fox whatever happened to the two of us getting together some time to discuss this?