Geforce 2 Mx 400 64MB

Clasher

Hello everybody,

I had X-com UFO on my computer before I installed my new videocard. I tried to play it recently and noticed that the screen was garbled and munched up into the top of the screen, but the game's buttons still work.

I read around and found out that the Nvidia cards have this problem. I tried disabling the direct draw support, but the game just ran too fast. 5 seconds was like an hour. Anyway, I found a link to Fodder's Bugfix on this forum, and downloaded it, but when I tried the loader, it failed saying "Couldn't CreateProcess". If anyone knows how to fix this or any other workarounds, I would be very grateful if you would contact me or reply to this topic.

Thank you,

Clasher

I've got a 667 Celeron running Windows ME. I tried the fix after I disabled Direct Draw and Direct 3d, and I did renable Directx and Direct Draw, and tried it after that too.

Disabling Direct Draw and Direct 3d does work, but as I noted before, its just too fast.

Thanks for any help,

Clasher

*ponders*

well, you could try the good old, uninstall it and re install it, and then put in the fodder patch and follow the instructions to the T.

or, if that doesn't help you could disable directx like before and try a processor slowdown app like moslo.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same proplem

I found out from a friend that if you change the name of the original .exe file to 'UFO Defense.exe' then it should work!

Well it did for me anyway. Now im having the same problem with TFTD but I cant find the right name for the .exe file. Oh well!

See ya