Apocalypse Fanfic

Apocalypse Fanfiction

So here it is. After many a wondering question the Apocalypse fanfiction is finally back! So here are the hundred and fourteen posts we have so far written by only the following handful of nine people... Alan, Carlos the Jackal, Cold Apple Pie, Doc France, Ego Terrorist, Greg, Ki-tat Chung, Tammy, The Veteran and Warlord. I guess it's ten but Greg only hung around for one post! :D Sorry to lose you mate!

For anyone wanting to join this fic just visit the Apoc fanfic discussion and character profiles. Otherwise everyone already a part of the fic is welcome to begin writing as soon as they read the 114th post!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CHAPTER 1

Instalment by Doc France

Squaddie Sean "Doc" France stepped slowly into the dark corridor, his heavy Megapol armour clanking against the metal floor. He steadied his M4K, pointing it straight in front of him. This is just the sort of job for a squaddie he thought. He activated his motion detector, and four large blips appeared in front of his position on the heads-up display in his helmet. He switched his radio to Alpha Squad frequency.

* Doc here, sir, we've got movement on level 2, 4 possible bogies. Request backup, over. *

The Alpha Squad's leader, Warlord, hesitated, then replied.

*We're on it, Doc. I'm sending CAP and Ki-tat down to help you. They'll be down there in about a minute. Hold position, Warlord out*

*Yes, sir, Doc out*

Doc kneeled down. In front of him, the corridor had a fork to the left and the right. The blips were now moving fast, they had heard him apparently. He took the safety off his rifle. His HUD did a quick scan of vital signs, armour strength, and available equipment, showing him to be in perfect health, the armour at full strength, and that he had his rifle, two extra clips, a motion detector, an AP grenade, and two Lawpistols.

Before the blips could even reach the fork, he heard the distinct "click" of another M4K's safety releasing, right behind his head.

Instalment by Ego Terrorist

Doc turned around, and was looking straight down the barrel of an M4K.

"You know Doc, you should really cover your rear move often." It was Ego Terrorist, he moved to the left of Doc and crouched down. He looked forward trying to spot any targets and said, "I've picked up a few bandits heading your way, I thought you could use some help"

Doc looked forward, and then replied. "2 to 4 bandits close by, CAP and Ki-tat are en route to assist."

Ego nodded, he checked his kit, one M4K and two spare clips, one Law Pistol with one clip, an AP and a Stun Grenade and a med kit. "So then now what?"

Instalment by Carlos the Jackal

Ego and Doc's HUD radio crackles to life.

"Oi! Where the hell are you guys, I'm in a whole world of hurt here! Multiple targets, I've taken a plasma hit in the chest, no med kit! CAP and Ki-tat are cut off, they can't reach me."

The radio fades out and the distant crackle of gunfire echoes up the corridor. Ego glances at Doc and shrugs.

"Better go help Carlos, if that smartarse bites it, then there won't be anymore homebrewed vodka around the base"

Instalment by Doc France

Doc thought quickly. Alpha Squad still hadn't received its weekly supply of med kits, so not many of them had any. And Carlos and he were two of them. He couldn't leave Carlos to die up there, but he couldn't leave Ego down here before backup came along.

His HUD plotted the positions of the other seven members of the squad, and overlaid them on a map of the sector in the Temple of Humility. Carlos was right above him, but on top of two layers of concrete. He flipped on the squad frequency.

*We've got a wounded soldier here on level 3, anyone with a Med get up there as fast as possible. Repeat, anyone with a med kit go help Carlos on level 3, over and out*

the radio signal was nothing but static. It either meant the other five were dead, up to their necks in gunfire, or out of radio range. He hoped for the third possibility.

"If only we could get through that ceiling, we could climb up there," Ego pondered.

Before Ego could finish his sentence, Doc aimed his rifle upwards, and fired three bursts into the ceiling, leaving a small pock in the concrete.

"Ego, toss me a grenade"

"I copy, those bogies are getting closer, though"

Doc pulled a small roll of duck tape out of his backpack and wrapped it around the grenade. He primed it for three seconds and stuffed it into the hole in the ceiling.

"Fire in the hole"

Doc and Ego ducked down as the grenade exploded, making a gaping hole in the ceiling above. A few slabs of concrete landed on them, but nothing the armour couldn't shrug off.

"Alright, Doc, you lift me up through the hole, and I'll pull you up. Good work."

"I copy."

Just as Doc was kneeling down to boost Ego through the hole, a slug ricocheted off of his back. He turned around and saw three cultists running towards them, rifles blazing.

It was time to fight.

cultists. Two screamed and dropped down, the third must have been wearing Kevlar, as he dived behind a pillar after taking three rounds in the chest.

"Hey guys, welcome to the party"

Doc looked through the hole in the ceiling, peering down was Carlos. Two bodies lay at his feet, as well as an empty Lawpistol. Carlos was grinning like a madman, his face wreathed in smoke from the heavy, black rifle he was carrying. Recognising the distinctive banana clip, Doc saw that Carlos had run out of ammo and was using a cultist pulse rifle.

Looking down, Doc could see a inch wide hole punched through the plasti-steel armour plating of Carlos's chest piece, right in the centre of the smiley face painted on it by the wearer.

"Are you ok, Carlos?"

"Um, my chest, the armour stopped most of it... but it burns... Must be the heat..."

The smile slipped off Carlos's face for a minute. "He must be more hurt than he's letting on," thought Doc, as he helped Carlos down through the hole. Ego started to administer the med kit, and Doc knelt down, aware of the cultist still behind the pillar.

"Are there anymore cultists upstairs?"

"A few... CAP and Ki-tat are having a big rubber ball of fun up there"

Instalment by Greg

The radio crackled into life again. It was Warlord:

"If you guys are finished having fun down there CAP and Ki-tat need a bit of help. They're cornered at the altar. Over"

'Dammit Carlos, can't you over-exaggerate for once?' Doc thought half-angrily.

"Negative Sir, one bogey left, Carlos is hurt. Looks like we're stuck for the moment, over."

There was a pause, where Doc could imagine a muttered curse, and then Warlord's crisp voice came through the radio again:

"Roger. Will radio to Pete for reinforcements. Maybe he'll send Greg and Beta Squad down. I don't know where they're all coming from. Warlord out."

Doc's hand twitched as he covered the cultist, the longer they stayed nursing Carlos, the more likely they'd be out flanked.

CAP stuck his head over the altar, and ducked down immediately as a hail of fire greeted him. He turned to Ki-tat,

"Any luck with that radio?"

"No ... the circuits are all burnt out, looks like we're on our own..."

Instalment by Warlord

Warlord checked his operational map for what seemed like the hundredth time, and the situation looked just as grim as before. His squad was in a lot more trouble than they realized. During what was supposed to be a routine raid, they had apparently, through blind luck, picked the temple that was housing the COS training facilities.

Even now, the other two squads already in the temple were in the fight of their lives in the sub-basement, trying to prevent the cultist trainees from breaking through.

Though inexperienced, the cultists had the advantage of sheer numbers.

In a quick decision, Warlord double checked the clip on his laser sniper rifle, and headed for the altar to free up Ki-tat and CAP. The operational map showed at least 6 hostiles in the area.

"Hopefully Ki-tat remembered to bring his Autocannon like I told him. If he's out there with twin lawpistols again, I'll shoot him myself..."

Ki-tat poked one of his Lawpistols around the altar, seeing a head bob up from one of the pews, he squeezed the trigger. A strangled cry, and the cultist fell to the floor, clutching at the jagged slash in his throat.

"Bagged one"

"Plenty left"

"We can make it, just hold out until help arrives"

"Oh, that's our course of action is it? I just thought we'd jay-walk out of here, no problem"

"Now's not the time to be a smartarse, bro"

"Well it might be my last chance..."

Ego stashed the med kit away. The readout was green. The chest wound Carlos had sustained was pretty light as far as plasma goes. The skin had been removed, and the muscle layer underneath had been scorched from the heat. The wound was not so much life threatening as extremely painful. The nanotech bots had injected painkillers and stimulants, but Carlos would need an artificial skin graft when they got back to base.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, ready to go."

"Get back to the Drop ship, MNS will look after you."

"Ah... look, I'm alright to go... might be the last action I see for a couple of weeks"

"If you cop a bullet through that armour hole, It'll be the last action you ever see. In case you've forgotten..." Ego gestured at the pulse rifle "... those things fire explosive tipped bullets"

"Alright... ok"

A sudden, short burst of gunfire sounded behind them. Doc tagged the cultist as he tried to lean around and throw a grenade from behind the pillar. The grenade detonated, still in the cultist's death grip, and the pillar collapsed.

Doc stood up "Ok, lets move, Carlos, we go past one of the exit doors on our way round to rescue 'Insanity Bros'. Do as Ego says, and get back to the ship"

"Yeah, Yeah..."

The three soldiers started down the corridor, ahead of the cloud of dust and plaster drifting from the collapsed pillar. Carlos ejected the banana clip out of his pulse rifle and inserted a fresh clip.

"Hey, just in case... you never know"

"Not with you, that's for sure"

The three troopers walked briskly down the corridor a there was three doors side by side, one was the men's the other women's and the one next to it presumably the janitors.

"Should we check 'em?" Asked Carlos, the men paused and looked towards the doors.

"We don't have enough time, we need to...Ego?" Doc and Carlos watched wondering what he was doing as Ego walked to the men's door, he opened it and pulled out a AP grenade, armed it set it for 5 Second delay and chucked it into the men's, the three men ducked around the corner quickly. "BLAM" The thud heard through the walls, which contained the blast. "You only had the one AP Ego..."

"That's why Megapol gave us the Stun Grenade"

"Oh...?"

Ego and the other two walked to the women's, Ego primed and timed the stun grenade and threw it in, the other two cleared the closet, the grenade released its gas, there was a voice coughing then the door opened a cultist came out, bearing a Pistol, her head shattered as two Lawpistol rounds impacted just above her ears. "Shall we go gentlemen?" The others nodded and started down the corridor, as they walked they came to a four way junction as they moved checking it was clear missile flew in front of Carlos and behind Ego, they all dived the missile impacting against the exterior wall exploding further down the corridor a safe distance away.

"Ah, Christ... There's millions of 'em" shouted Doc as another missile exploded behind them.

Doc and Ego ran for cover, and Carlos dived prone on the floor. Carlos started firing long bursts from the heavy pulse rifle, the loud, bass sound of it filling the corridors with noise.

"Carlos, get up, get out of there, if they fire the missile again, your fried, man"

Carlos emptied out the clip, switched to the 12 gauge under slung grenade launcher, and aimed at the cultist desperately reloading his launcher.

Carlos pulled the Trigger and a cluster of lead flew towards the cultist. "DAMN IT" shouted Carlos. The under slung was loaded with standard shotgun shells instead of the grenades he had expected.

One of the pellets buried itself deep in the cultists shoulder as he raised his launcher, tearing away his aim just as he had Carlos in his sights and pulled the trigger.

Carlos leapt up, the rifle falling from his grasp... bullets flying around him...

The rocket flew down the corridor.

Carlos began to run, screaming something to Doc and Ego, unable to help, crouched in cover...

The rocket buried itself in the floor, shattering the tiles 3 feet from where Carlos had been, in a millisecond, it detonated. A flower of flames flew down all 4 corridors, picking up the lone, armoured figure and hurling it down, down along the walkway and slamming it hard into the tiles.

"Carlos... Carlos... are you ok? Carlos, please... talk to me"

Doc ran towards Carlos, Ego covered the blasted intersection, a lone figure tore down the walkway towards them, rifle slung, in light Kevlar, but red and black instead of the cultist green and purple.

Doc flipped Carlos over on his back, noting the blacked and blistered armour of the chest plate was now nothing but scrap.

Carlos's eyes were closed, but his eyelids flickered and his breath came in ragged gasps.

Doc glanced up at the running soldier as she reached them.

"Tammy! Good to see you're ok, where the rest of your team?"

"They're gone... the whole damn squad. Damn, they were only rookies, ex government security. They got eaten alive, they're not trained for this. More cultists are coming"

The blood drained out of Doc's face... "Jesus... we've been cut off we didn't know... how bad is it?"

"We're at about 65% operational status at last count. Radio Warlord. Tell him to pull us out... we need reinforcements just to get everyone still alive out"

Warlord stood, leaning over his tactical screens, yelling orders into his headset. Retreat. Fall back. Take cover. 23 personal heath monitors had redlined on his tactical screens. A scattered radio transmission came through...

"...Greg... 3 rookies down... not just...training facilities... hostiles... aliens... breeding facili... swarming up... us out... pull us o..."

The transmission went static, and Warlord froze as the message sunk in.

Instalment by Ki-tat Chung

A HE autocannon round exploded metres from the altar which hid CAP and Ki-tat, tearing apart more cultists.

"Well, looks like the autocannon did come in handy" Ki-tat said, "and explosive really does the job"

"Looks like you're learning from the explosives expert" said Kilam.

"Nah, Carlos knows nothing about the pleasures of combustion."

"Quit with the tech talk and do some killing"

"Sure"

As 4 more cultists run along the corridor towards the altar, there was a big explosion right in the face of one of the cultists.

"AAAAHHHGGG!!!!"

Two screams could be heard.

"Eew. The smell of burning flesh is not good"

"Shut up Ki-tat. You nerd."

Two cultists were a pile of burning flesh, one died of bleeding and one was lying on the floor in agony.

"Leave him."

"Why? You've had all the fun."

"Look CAP, you can have all the food I can cook for you as soon as we get back to base, ok?"

"...Shut up Ki-tat! You nerd."

Ki-tat just grinned.

There was an ominous clank as a cultist gas grenade landed right between Ki-tat and CAP.

Ki-tat let out a muffled cry as he fell unconscious to the floor.

Ki-tat went out cold as CAP dragged his body out. With CAP's massive body, the gas didn't have much affect. With a burst from his plasma pistols at the cultists' general direction, he ran off.

"Carlos, you ok?" Tammy said.

"Fried chicken.........need.... more......... salt........."

"He'll be fine." Ego said. "Just slap the med-kit on him again"

As Doc activated the kit again, Carlos started coughing up blood.

"GET OVER HERE" said Doc. "HE NEEDS HELP"

Ego and Tammy ran over.

"WE NEED TO GET HIM OUTA HERE AND ON THE SHIP WHERE THERE ARE SOME BETTER MED FACILITIES! EGO, HELP ME GET CARLOS OUTA HERE. TAMMY, COVER US. NOW"

Instalment by Alan

Squaddie AL0751AN, or 'Tinboy' as he was know, disconnected from the pilot terminal of Gamma squads phoenix and retrieved his auto cannon.

Squad Leader Tankman paused and listened to his radio for a moment. "Tinboy, get to the altar and assist Ki-tat and CAP," he ordered, "I'll take the rookie and flank them through the basement". Tankman headed for the door to the basement levels.

With the rookie taking point and Tankman covering the rear, they stalked through the basement towards the grav lift on the far side of the altar.

Tankman spoke into his radio: "All squads, Gamma squad is hear to cover your withdrawal. I'll take care of Ki-tat and CAP, the rest of gamma squad are holding the," the sound of gunfire interrupted him. He spun round to see the rookie's dead body on the floor and a Sirius guard levelling his sights on Tankman's midriff. Tankman swung up his M4000 and pulled the trigger.

Tinboy emerged from the access lift in a corridor right next to the altar room, and proceeded to creep along it towards the room's entrance (which, in full battle armour was a difficult task). He rounded a corner and saw a cultist facing away from him. The last thing the cultist heard was the click of an auto cannon being switched to auto fire mode...

Ego primed another proxy mine and tossed it towards the smoking crater that formerly was a junction joining four corridors. Charred pieces of Megapol armour littered the smoky walkway, and droplets of blood peppered the area. Carlos was slumped against a wall, barely conscious, with a med kit wired up to his arm, working to repair the internal bruising and bleeding caused by the massive concussion. Fortunately the protective systems in the armour's HUD unit protected his ears and eyes from the blast, saving him from blindness or deafness.

Tammy guarded the direction from which she came, hands clenching tight around the rifle. Doc crouched down, operating the radio.

"Sir... Sir! Request immediate backup... What? Shit! Tammy said something about that, yeah... Crap... Well if there are any more recruits back there, they can't reach us. Suggest you count them as lost and pull the rest of us out. Sir? Yes sir, we can hold on for a bit more I guess..."

Warlord disconnected from Doc's transmission. Things were desperate, and he thought quickly. He needed backup, but pretty much all combat ready personnel were already in the raid. An idea suddenly occurred to him.

"Mouse"

Mouse turned from the drop ships controls and faced the commander.

"Yes sir"

"None of our men are on or above level three, I want you to fire incendiary rockets into those levels"

"Sir, that violates our governmental gran..."

"Do it, that's an order"

"...Yes sir"

The drop ship rose from the tarmac outside the temple, and the missile pods emerged from the crafts sides, a volley of dumbfire rockets flew out, into the building, and spilling tons of jellified petroleum through its upper levels, in a split second, they ignited, bathing the top half of the temple in hellfire.

Warlord waited for 12 seconds, watching the inferno, ignoring the radio chatter of his desperate and outnumbered troopers. As expected, a hoarse voice cut into his headphones, and a harsher face materialised on one of his tactical screens.

"You're violating your standard mercenary agreement. You cannot just demolish city buildings, commander"

"Senator Harding, the cult has stepped outside the boundaries in which even the government is willing to tolerate. They're harbouring aliens down there, senator, a whole freaking breeding ground, and we cant stop them alone! The cult has also already killed over twenty government security personnel"

"Ex-personnel, in your employ" but the bluster had gone from the senators face, and he had started to sweat. "That's the truth? They're breeding them?"

"Yes sir. There could be anything up to a small army of aliens in a building within plain sight of the senate. Remember the alien attack on the senate last week, senator? Remember how close that brainsucker was to you before Carlos shot it?"

Two minutes later, soldiers, security personnel, and policemen spilled out of Megapol and government buildings, moving by drop ship at top speed towards the temple of humility...

Instalment by Cold Apple Pie

"What the hell just happened??? Sounds like someone ate too many baked beans! Oh... wait.... you're still unconscious...."

CAP dragged Ki-tat into a changing room and laid him down on a bench "Dude! When's the last time you did your pushups? Phew"

Just then a Sirius jumped off a locker and got cap into a headlock, they started wrestling in a tangled heap on the floor. It kept on going for a few minutes, until CAP remembered his hunting knife that he always had with him. He grabbed it out of his leg compartment, got on top of the cultist and slit his throat.

"That's for jumping me, loser..." He took out his m4000 and shot out a round of bullets. "Just checking...."

"Rookie Knotts to Warlord, do you read?"

"Loud and clear, now what can I do for you son?"

"Well, I could do with a med kit, a vacation, and a leg and arm electric thingies, cause I have lost all feeling, a leg and my arm...."

Then suddenly a volley of gun fire could be heard in the back ground.

"The poor bastard, only a rookie........."

Instalment by Alan

The look on what was left of the cultist's face said it all. Tankman picked up where he left off, "holding the exits" he said into his radio as checked the clip on his M4000.

Tinboy changed the clip in his autocannon from AP to HE as he approached the door to the Altar room. He charged through the door. There was nothing there but the green cloud of slowly dissipating stun gas. "Squad leader, Ki-tat and CAP are not- "

"-in the altar room". Typical, though Tankman, trust them to forget to radio in. "Tinboy, the rookie's down. Meet me at the grav lift, we'll keep searching for them. Let's just hope it's a comm failure". He set off for the grav lift again. He toggled his radio on again, "Warlord! What's the situation?"

The remaining agents in Gamma squad were spread out in the underground hangar. One of them had remained with Gamma squad's second phoenix, while the other two had taken up position behind some crates. the squaddie in charge called out, "remember, rookies, we're not here for any heroics. Just to hold this hanger bay until the rest of the teams evac".

"Doc what's the situation?" Asked Ego.

"Bad, we're to hold for a bit longer, Warlord and Tinboy are going to try and rescue CAP and Ki-tat."

Ego nodded. "Right then lets start holding..." Ego crouched by a pillar, as he looked about he checked that his helmet was securely attached, he looked about and kept his rifle pointing in the direction that the bad guys we're most likely to come from. A flash or a glint of light caught his attention, a metal grill, but there was something behind it, Ego leaned forward to look closer. Nothing, he leaned away then the metal grill was knocked out and a Brain sucker jumped out and latched onto Ego's face knocking him back the creature tried to pierce his faceplate but with no luck. Ego struggled trying to push the creature away.

Instalment by Cold Apple Pie

Cap dragged Ki-tat into a room that had nothing in it, there was only a light bulb hanging off the ceiling.

CAP dragged Ki-tat to the middle of the room and used the med kit to see if he had concussion, then suddenly a large section of the wall collapsed and 10 cultists ran out...."Wait" the cultists stopped in there tracks. "Let me drag this man on the floor out first."

"WHY?" the cultist demanded.

"Because, he has been taken over by a brainsucker and I knocked him out. If u shoot me, and accidentally shoot him too, your boss wont be happy now, will they?" CAP dragged Ki-tat out of the room and went back in. "now before I die I want to play a game.... HOT POTATOE" Before the cultists could react, CAP pulled 2 incendiary grenades out, primed them for 3 seconds, chucked them into the room and ran out shutting the door.

For 2 seconds, the cultists stared at the grenades............

CAP charged into a big room with a lot of pillars with Ki-tat on his shoulders.

No one was in there.

He heard someone struggling somewhere at the back of the room. CAP took out his m4000 and started walking cautiously to where the sound was coming from. He dropped Ki-tat down quietly and proceeded to the back of the room. He turned around a pillar, instead of looking down a barrel of a cultists gun, he saw Ego struggling with a brainsucker trying to puncture his helmet. "Hey man! Been looking' for you guys for ages. Where were..."

"MMMRPPHH" Ego tried to speak.

".... Uh...Mate.... you need help...?"

"MMMMMRRRRPPPPHHHHHHH!" Ego shouted.

"OK, OK. How was I supposed to know?" CAP pulled out his plasma pistol and shot twice. The dead brainsucker fell off Ego.

"IT DOSENT TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO WORK OUT THAT I WAS IN NEED OF HELP" Ego shouted.

"How do you know?" CAP replied. Ego stared back at him with murderous eyes. "OK, OK. Only Joking! Now help me getting my brother out." They went back around the pillar and expecting to see Ki-tat lying on the ground a spitter was standing where his body was, which was gone. "OH NO! Ki-tat turned into a spitter, Mum's going to kill me" said CAP.

"Shut up and help me take this spitter down! We'll worry about Ki-tat later." Ego replied.

They took out their m4000's and started firing..........

Suddenly, there was an explosion from the next room along and more of the wall collapsed. And there, standing, or crawling in some cases, in a line, were another three spitters and two multiworms.

"What the hell!?!?!?" CAP said.

"Oh man," Ego said. Ego started shouting.

"WE NEED SOME HELP HERE! REINFORCEMENTS"

Ego and CAP set their M4000's to auto fire are let loose carnage (A.K.A. 2 full clips within 20 seconds) before Tammy got there. Three Spitters were down, one Multiworm looked very unstable, and the last spitter and the other multiworm were as healthy as any thing.

"That's help?" CAP said.

"Hey, Docs looking after Carlos and we're too far away from the rest of the group to get reinforcements in such a short time O-"

Tammy got cut off by a brainsucker leaping towards CAP. She shot at the brainsucker and it fell to the ground with a hiss. "Am I enough reinforcements now?"

But CAP and Ego were too busy keeping the aliens at bay.

There was a click from Ego's M4000 and then from Doc's.

"Damn! We're out of ammo." Said Doc.

"I only have half a clip left" replied Tammy

"JUST GO ALREADY"

Tammy started shooting but then her gun clicked too, still with half a clip of ammunition.

"Uh-oh.........gun just jammed........." with her voice trailing off.

Tinboy continued walking through a bunch of totally destroyed corridors and rooms.

"Yep, the insanity brothers have definitely done it again. Might as well follow the trail."

In the distance, he heard a heated discussion and alien screams. "Better check that out."

What he saw was not a pretty sight. Three Spitters down and one Multiworm corpse. 4 newly hatched hyperworms and one healthy Spitter and multiworm chasing Tammy, CAP and Ego around the room.

"Had enough fun yet?" Tinboy said.

"HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!! KI-TAT AND HIS FRIENDS ARE CHASING US!!!!!! AND MUM IS GONNA KILL ME!!!!" Kilam shouted half sarcastically and half aggregately.

Ego shouted in a very annoyed voice "Oh just shut the f**k up Lamb chops. And Tinboy? SHOOT!!!!!!!"

"I got a better idea."

"Oh, and what is that, big macho man? " said Tammy in a very exasperated voice.

" Fine, I'll just gun 'em down."

Alan drew out his extra M4000 he bought along just in case of a jam and set them to full auto, and let loose heck.

Tinboy let loose his twin M4000s and within under a minute he had to reload the guns. Once they were reloaded again, Tinboy began shooting at any aliens that were still moving. After another thirty seconds of firing, he emptied his second clips and lowered his guns.

"There" he said with triumph. "One Spitter, one Multiworm and four hyperworms and 4 clips in under sixty seconds."

With that, Ego, CAP and Tammy fell to the ground with exhaustion. And Tinboy just grinned like anything knowing he just saved some of his best friends.

Tinboy could hear very clumsy footsteps coming from behind him and he put away his machineguns and drew out his stun grapple. He let the person close up on him before spinning around and stunning....

"What the hel-"

"Um.... are you OK Ki-tat?"

Instalment by Alan

Tinboy replaced his stun grapple in his backpack, and dropped his, now useless, m4000. "Tankman, I've found them", said Tinboy as he ejected a spent clip from his Auto cannon, and replaced it with one of his few remaining HE clips. "Good", came Tankman's reply over the radio, "report in to Warlord. I'll be there in a minute".

He surveyed the damage caused by the volleys of m4000 fire and called in to Warlord over the radio. "Sir, I've located Ki-tat, CAP, Tammy, and what's left of alpha squad".

"Tinboy, get them out of there"

"That could be a problem, sir, most of them are unconscious. Tankman is enroute, I should be able to hold this position"

Warlord swore vehemently, "keep them safe squaddie, reinforcements are on their way".

Back in the hangar bay the rest of gamma squad waited, guarding the vehicles. There was a low rumbling noise that was growing steadily louder. The bottom of a Valkyrie interceptor became visible. The rumbling became louder as it descended the landing tube. One of the rookies could just make out government markings on its exterior.

All the time checking for enemies, Tinboy dragged the unconscious agents out of harms way. Even an agent in full body armour wasn't too much for the robot to lug about. With them all safely behind a pile of rubble, Tinboy settled in and prepared for the next attack.

Government and Megapol drop ships began to fill the hangar bay, still more hovered overhead. The top three levels of the temple finally burnt out, now nothing but blackened superstructure with piles of carbon heaped here and there within. The XCom drop ship, once again landed on the tarmac outside was suddenly flanked by two government valkyries that landed either side. Government soldiers armed with high powered sniper rifles emerged, spreading out to cover the windows of the temple from all sides. An expensive sleek, black and possibly bullet-proof hover car landed behind the x-com craft. Two men, both over six feet in height, dressed in black jumpsuits completely devoid of any identification got out of the front, wielding old fashioned P-90 SMG's, and opened one of the rear doors. A man in an expensive suit, got out. Almost all tall as the guards, hard faced, and stocky he was an intimidating fellow. He and the guards walked over the x-com drop ship and entered.

Down in the lover levels of the base, X-com operatives slowly gave ground, retreating corridor-by-corridor, swapping hot lead and plasma with the cultist hordes. Some entire squads had been whittled down to two or three men, or wiped out completely. More men had begun using the cultist pulse rifles after their own weapons ran dry, others shed their armour, bullet ridden and offering little more protection, breaking into cultist ammo catches and wearing cultist Kevlar underneath their jumpsuits. The desperate battle became spread out, confused and sporadic. When men shed their helmets, they lost radio contact with Warlord. Scared, receiving no further orders, some men turned and ran, others grimly held ground, while others went berserk, charging blindly at the enemy spraying bullets before being gunned down.

"Well, hello commander"

Warlord swivelled around from his tactical screens to see Senator Harding and his bodyguards standing behind him. Warlord nodded.

"Senator Harding, quite a relief to see you here"

"Commander, I'm quite surprised, I was under the impression that we funded your organization so military action like this was unnecessary"

Well, he regained his composure rather quickly, Warlord thought.

"Senator, XCom was and is an elite organization designed for tactical and surgical operations. Not large scale pitched battles, we simply are not funded for that, and it remains a job for the military"

"OK men, we have direct orders from the Senate to abandon mission right now. No exceptions. Head towards the drop ship and..."

"Damn you Warlord." Tinboy muttered under his breath, but of course, Warlord couldn't hear voice because he was still speaking on the frequency that broadcasts to the whole team.

After he finished, Tinboy spoke up.

"Sir, with all due respect, we have almost-"

"NO EXCEPTIONS! THATS AN ORDER"

"But-"

"A DIRECT ORDER FROM SENATOR HARDING! YOU THINK I WANT TO LOSE MORE MEN!? DO YOU!?"

"NO SIR"

"Then get you ARSE over here."

"Sir, I need some help getting Ego, Tammy and th-"

But Tinboy was interrupted yet again, but this time by Doc.

"Tinboy! Over here! Need you to help me get Carlos......what the heck happened here?"

"I'll be right back. Just send some medics or a few people to help me get some troopers out of here."

"Tin-"

But Tinboy cut Warlord off.

"Well?"

"Don't worry. So what's wrong?"

"Carlos is in critical condition. Get your med-kit over here and help."

Doc and Tinboy ran back to where Carlos was, he didn't look any better than before. There was blood all over his face and in his mouth. There was also a serious wound on his back.

"See?"

Alan got out his med-kit and started working on Carlos.

After about 10 minutes, Volmen, Dante, Bomb Bloke and a medic rookie came to the scene.

Bomb Bloke started speaking. "So what seems to be the prob........oh. I See. MEDIC! GET TO SQUADDIE CARLOS NOW"

The medic ran towards Carlos and told Alan he could leave.

"So what happened?" Volmen asked.

Alan told them every thing that happened, at least that he knew of, and then the medic told them Carlos should be fine, but he'll need to stay in the med bay for at least three weeks before full recovery.

"But he should be able, but not suggested, to go into combat within half a week or after he gets artificial skin grafts. But it might take longer since there seem to be many casualties." the rookie finished off.

"Good," Bomb Bloke said, "now if you could resuscitate CAP, his strength would be appreciated around abou-"

"What's that about me?"

"Good, you're up. How's the others?"

"They seem to be fine. But I doubt they will be up in time to finish the mission."

"It's been aborted." Dante said.

"What" he shouted.

As they explained to CAP, an explosion could be heard down the corridor. A few seconds later they could hear a loud slithering sound.

Doc started speaking. "Uh-oh.... if those are hyperworms...."

"Then we're dead." Dante finished.

Alan drew out his Auto cannon and made sure it had a full clip of HE.

"Any one else have one of these?"

"I do." Bomb bloke replied.

"Good."

"Doc, grab Ki-tat's one as well. Ego, Dante, Volmen and Sarah? Just back off and try and get Ego, Tammy and Ki-tat back to the drop ship.

One minute later, they saw a swarm of Hyper worms heading their way......

Instalment by Warlord

"...Now if you'll excuse me, Senator, I have a job to do."

As Warlord turned back to his tactical displays, he spotted a possible way out for the battered Alpha Squad.

"Ego! Check CAP's pack, there should be a demolitions pack there"

"Ok, got it sir"

"Listen carefully, there should be a small closet in the room you guys are holed up in. I want you to prime every explosive you have, including the demo pack, and throw everything in that closet, then get away from the blast. Do you copy?"

"Geez, sir don't you think that's a bit-"

"That's an order soldier"

"Yes, Sir"

"Tankman, do you have access to any heavy explosives?"

"Yes, Sir, I have 4 demo packs."

"Ok, listen up. I need you to place charges at the following coordinates..."

The sounds of fighting were drawing ever closer to Alpha squad as they loaded the last of the explosives into the closet. Just as they were primed, and the squad was pulling back, a grenade splintered the door to the room. As three cultists rushed into the room, pulse rifles spitting death, the demo pack detonated, splattering them against the far wall.

"Ok, now get into the closet, Ego"

"What the hell is he thinking, we're not all going to fit in that closet"

"Cool! Check it out, Ego! There's some kind of tunnel here..."

"What are you babbling about, CAP?"

The massive charges had blown an entrance into a little used service tunnel. Ego, quickly catching on, ordered everyone into the tunnel. He then grabbed two pulse rifles from the pulverized corpses of the cultists and went in after them.

Meanwhile, as Tankman went about setting the charges, he could hear the sounds of battle moving closer and closer.

"Warlord, I'm going to need some backup soon, or we're going to have a big problem"

"Hang in there, Tank, and get those charges in place"

"Senator, I would highly recommend that you order your troops to the western hangar if you would like to keep the battle inside this building. But that's just a suggestion..."

The senator looked ready to murder someone, but held his tongue, and turned to the two security officers flanking him, and said, "Make it happen."

Instalment by The Veteran

Doc was still struggling with Ki-tat's auto cannon when he heard Alan fire off his first HE round from behind him. A wall exploded further down the corridor as Alan's shot buried itself in the wall and shattered a pillar.

Doc rose to his feet and aimed his first shot at the approaching hyper worms, slowed somewhat by the rubble. He let off the gun and sent two rounds of high explosive ammunition soaring down the corridor towards the worms. Doc's second shot was accompanied by a shot of incendiary from Bomb Bloke's auto cannon just behind him.

"Alan" called Bomb Bloke. "I need to go help Carlos. Can you and Doc handle this corridor?"

"Are you insane?" Alan shouted over the smoke. "I've seen two of these things take out half a squad! We need all the guns we've got"

"WAIT" shouted Doc. "Stop shooting" Alan and Bomb Bloke were so startled by this that they lowered their weapons and turned slightly.

"We got 'em... They're dead..." said Doc. The other two relaxed their aim on the corridor and Bomb Bloke ran over to Carlos and knelt by the med kit still attached to his arm.

Doc raised his weapon and walked along the corridor towards where the hyper worms had been.

"What the hell are you doing Doc?" Alan called down the corridor. "They're dead! Leave it"

"They don't go down this easy... They must've got away somew..." Doc was interrupted by a stream of acid, which struck him in the shoulder and ate deep into his armour. Doc instinctively let off a shot from his gun as he fell backwards, crying out in pain.

"DOC" yelled Alan. He stepped forward but was thrown backwards by the blast from Doc's HE round which had embedded itself in the floor before detonating.

"DOC" Alan got up again and ran towards the cloud of smoke. "Doc! Doc! Where are you?" Alan fished around blindly in the smoke for Doc until he felt a body slumped against the wall.

Doc's hand shot out and grabbed hold of Alan's arm. He pulled himself up and stumbled out of the smoke with Alan helping him to walk.

"Carlos?" said Bomb Bloke quietly "Carlos? Hey buddy? You ok?" Bomb Bloke was standing over the unconscious body of Carlos fiddling with the med kit. "Carlos? Come on buddy wake up."

Bomb Bloke jumped to his feet and fumbled with his gun as a door several feet behind Carlos was slammed open against the wall. A green cloud of stun gas dissipated from the room and Bomb Bloke could hear someone coughing and wheezing heavily as they struggled out of the room.

"Hey! Who's there?" called Bomb Bloke, his vision impaired by the gas.

"Bloody hell..." came the answer in the typical English accent found only in American sitcoms. "Don't shoot! It's me" wheezed the voice.

"Who the...?" said Bomb Bloke half to himself. "Lawboy? Is that you? Jesus Chri... I almost killed you! Where the hell have you been? Tammy said the rookies were all dead"

"I'm not a goddamn rookie! And don't call me lawboy" came the choked voice from the smoke.

"You are a rookie lawboy. And I'll call you what I want," called Bomb Bloke lowering his gun.

"Yeah well... Tammy was wrong ok?" I was just cornered in the women's toilet and some arsehole chucked a stun grenade in there! I've only just come round" The smoke had begun to dissipate and the armourless hulk of the rookie Trigger was visible leaning against the wall panting.

"What the hell is going on down here?" said Alan as he came into view with Doc's arm around his shoulder. They both looked in a bad way but both were still conscious.

"Just found this jerk in the men's room." Called Bomb Bloke from Carlos' side.

"Godda... You're the one with a degree right? Are you still alive?" said Alan.

"Hey don't do me down just 'coz I'm smarter than you are! Now what the hell's going on?" replied Trigger.

"Everybody's clearing out, and this place is the government's problem now" Tammy replied.

"Well, lets clear out and leave this in their capable hands then" said Trigger coughing.

Soldiers in full body Kevlar suits began to filter into the complex, the few cultist guards unlucky enough to be guarding those entrances felled by bursts of silenced bullets. Behind the government shock troopers the rest of them fell behind. The emergency scrambling meant only the covert operatives were fully prepared. Policemen pulled off their lunch break filed in, some with only their sidearm and others unarmoured. Government regular troops wielding military pulse rifles, protected by Kevlar chest plates filed in, rubbing shoulders with Megapol S.WA.T team members.