UFO Fanfiction Discussion

Carlos the Jackal

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, so it has... I guess I could maybe stick a post together sometime today then ;) I'll have to if I want to post anything this weekend to be honest... After all how many people get to celebrate their 21st in a pub they own? if you know what I mean :)

Thanks. I had an idea where Night Stalker could be a recurring joke in the fanfic - he doesn't exist, but he keeps appearing in hallucinations/daydreams/et cetera of different characters. Is there a reason to why he would be in everyone's head? No, but it might be funny.

I'm surprised Vet hasn't say anything yet...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, leave my acquaintances alone :drink: They aren't sleazy drunks, they're drunken stoners :drink:

Besides they put about £60 behind the bar after hours so its money I wouldn't have made :drink: Then they paid me another £20 to drive them home which I really shouldn't have done but did anyway :s

Do as I say people, not as I do!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it looks to me like the mission's over. A definitive victory for X-COM!

The scientists should be marvelling at the new aliens when we get back to base. Jennings needs to go back to Med Bay, and Ghost, Ki-Tat and Warlord should be staying there too for observation if nothing else. The scientists will have to be perfecting the laser design (or maybe this'll be something they just can't fix. Might keep us with an eclectic mix of weapons until we get a steady supply of plasma).

• 1 month later...

John is a Major in X-Com and his role is Intelligence, part of the X-Inv team before the formation of X-Com. Paul Jasper is currently being borrowed by John on his lil excursion to the US, however he is a soldier with one of the squads, 2nd squad (I think...). Valerie or Val is John's secretary, she is there because she's an American and we don't exactly want to put the US Senators nose out of joint.

And Mac...well... he's a bit of a mystery to everybody, with the exception of John, who doesn't exactly like Mac.

Most of these guys are working in the background, lurking the shadows and getting up to various other spooky things. :D

It probably helps to mention that John's surname is "Pickering". :)

His little trip was initiated by FullAuto (IMS), who promptly forgot what it was about. Good to see some light finally shed on the matter, and it'll be interesting to see what this Mac character is all about... :D

As a brief recap, Terrick has recently been captured after attempting to escape the base with a laser pistol and taking TJ hostage. Various members of squad 1 were minorly injured in the latest battle, but Ed Dodge was killed and Warlord deafened.

Note also that this was the first field test of the personal armor, worn by Rick.

I've done a bit of editing to my post, just tidying up some errors and expanding on a few areas, no significant changes have been made though.

Take this as a lesson from me, proof read and proof read when you're wide awake, as proof reading late at night isn't the best of ideas!

As for finally shedding some light on the matter of the mission that fullauto sent me on...I havn't a clue, I'm just making this up as I go along. :)

But come on people! Post! :D

Guys, check out the Quick Reference Thread for information on who's who and check out Bomb Bloke's Summary Page for some out of date yet handy little reminders. Hopefully he'll find time to update it soon and I can try to do the same with the Quick Ref! Bear in mind there are only two squads now after the last beating our boys had. The soldiers and their squads are listed in the quick reference thread.