195 replies to this topic

#61 DocFrance

DocFrance

His Imperial Majesty and Resident Dragoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 01:47 AM

In RL I'm not Christian - I really only believe in a god (or some higher force), nothing more.  I guess my character's the same, though he tends to swear alot.  I guess I'm going for the cigarette-smoking, coffee-swilling, bad-mouthed "Cid Highwind" sort of guy.  And no, I DO NOT have an airship  :D
Wild magic and miracle working...
Chaos theory and wierd science...
Acts of gods and freak occurrences...
At the point where unbelievable coincidences and contrived events converge...
I reach my hand into the gaping hole that exists within the plot of the universe...
I send my prayer across barriers of logic, calling forth the forces of pure dumb luck to aid my quest...
Let the improbable happen...
I summon...
Deus Ex Machina!

#62 Snikers

Snikers

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 02:05 AM

Yeah, RL my beliefs are pretty much the same as the guy above.
Snikers Enterprises: Making you look good in comparison for over 50 years

#63 Wormfist

Wormfist

Mango

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 03:23 AM

Though I really believe in God and stuff, I'm not the 'practising' type anymore... but I'm sure He's out there. I don't mind people swearing, well, let's just say I got used to it.
Perfectionism over Idealism

#64 Ki-tat Chung

Ki-tat Chung

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 12:04 PM

Then whats with the "prefectionilism"?

#65 Carlos the Jackal

Carlos the Jackal

Old School!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 01:36 PM

I'm a christian, sure.... But I drink (heavily) and swear (even worse) I also know more vile jokes than your mother, but less than your grandmother. ;)

Hey... *I* don't have to be a good example, those people knocking on your door right now are doing all the work for me  :D Muahahahaha!!!!
Noogieing sectoids across the land.

#66 Lonestar

Lonestar

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 02:38 PM

"Not the practising type..."?   "Laid back..."?   "Drink heavily and swear alot"?   Aaaaa!   What kind of Christians are you?  I'm one, but I read the Bible and do what it says.  I find it quite enjoyable to do so too.

#67 Carlos the Jackal

Carlos the Jackal

Old School!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 04:50 PM

Hey!! I follow the major stuff! I go to church! I dont do drugs or smoke, and to think of all the 'propostions' i've had to knock back.....  :hmmm:

#68 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 04:56 PM

This may have started off as a fic related discussion but it's gone way off track. :hmmm: Let's try and keep this fic related please. Anything about God can go in the off-topic forum...
Welcome back to the wonderful world of Fan-fiction! (it's short for fantastic!)
Go check em out, UFO TFTD and Apocalypse all under one roof!!!

Also why not check out XCom : Colonisation over in the special projects forum. Won't kill you if you do, might kill you if you don't!

#69 DocFrance

DocFrance

His Imperial Majesty and Resident Dragoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 07:53 PM

Actually, this should probably go in the philosophical "Do Sectoids really exist?" thread.
Wild magic and miracle working...
Chaos theory and wierd science...
Acts of gods and freak occurrences...
At the point where unbelievable coincidences and contrived events converge...
I reach my hand into the gaping hole that exists within the plot of the universe...
I send my prayer across barriers of logic, calling forth the forces of pure dumb luck to aid my quest...
Let the improbable happen...
I summon...
Deus Ex Machina!

#70 Wormfist

Wormfist

Mango

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 08:54 PM

I resumed this thread about God and stuff in the Off-Topic...
Perfectionism over Idealism

#71 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 09:26 PM

That he did so move it into there now please folks and let the joyous fanfiction discussion continue!

Also why not check out XCom : Colonisation over in the special projects forum. Won't kill you if you do, might kill you if you don't!

#72 Ki-tat Chung

Ki-tat Chung

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 09:37 PM

The Veteran, on Oct 2 2002, 08:34 AM, said:

*0451 Hours, Breifing Room 1, Barracks, Pine Gap, WA, Australia, Australia, Earth*

"As you know soldiors, this is war, and in war, nothing is fair. The aliens will use all the tricks in the trade to kill and destroy all human beings.

You will be issued with a standard assault rifle, flare, prximity granade and a standard granade. Specilists, such as medics and heavy weapons specilist, will be informed seperatly. Here are your personal objectives during the mission and an out line of this breifing," the sub-commander said while handing out diskettes. "Read through though them thoroughly. That is all."

As the sub-commander left the room, each agent inserted the disk into their computer stationed at each desk.

"Heh, just the usual stuff. only this time we can fire at them."

As the X-INV/X-COM agents finnished reading, the sub-commander entered the room again.

"You have all been informed about the mission. Now go. And Godspeed."
Just let me assure you, these agents are the old people who used to work for X-INV. Those people are NOT us.

#73 Carlos the Jackal

Carlos the Jackal

Old School!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 October 2002 - 11:11 PM

Just a small notice. This thread has been renamed to help clarify its purpose (Thanks Veteran for the suggestion)

#74 Ki-tat Chung

Ki-tat Chung

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 08:14 AM

i kinda posted that before i noticed the new thread.

#75 Snikers

Snikers

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 05 October 2002 - 02:23 PM

In case anyone cares I edited Keller's profile, made her more psionically capable. Thought it would make a more interesting character...

#76 JellyfishGreen

JellyfishGreen

Tentacle Pentacle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 11:51 AM

That's a big 10-4. Gia's going to freak when Christel starts mumbling alien languages in her sleep.  I just finished a month of psi-testing in my game and what do you know - Squaddie Christel (Ulbricht) tested out at a perfect 100 psi-strength. "And if we made harder tests, I suspect she'd pass them too."

Ethereals, prepare to soil your robes.
The deadly Lobsterman threat was finally countered by melee combat with power tools. -ufopaedia.org

#77 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 01:05 PM

Now this sounds good... The alien invasion hasn't even started yet and we already have a psionist in our ranks!

#78 JellyfishGreen

JellyfishGreen

Tentacle Pentacle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 01:53 PM

Potential psionist, of course. Just because the scientific world doesn't believe in psionics (yet) doesn't mean untrained psionists can't get the odd feelings of presence and strange dreams. Adds loads of flavor. :D

Name: Norton Wexford
Callsign: Stick
Background: "US Army! Number One! All the way! Gung ho" A true patriot and many of his fellow soldiers have nominated him for positions in which he can prove himself, such as first man into the UFO.

Personal Info: Got his callsign from a black soldier to whom he showed a less than proper amount of respect. Said soldier was moved to state, "Ah'm going to take that stick up yo' ass and beat you with it until ain't nothin' left but ass and stick." Wexford's rebuttal, "Oh yeah?", did not calm the situation. The ensuing debate left him with fourteen stitches, but failed to remove the stick.

Position: Soldier. Rooms with Green. "Roommate" would imply a bond of civility and friendship.

Creator: JellyfishGreen

Mortality: A mission or two, unless he gets interesting, in which case we'll keep him.
The deadly Lobsterman threat was finally countered by melee combat with power tools. -ufopaedia.org

#79 The Veteran

The Veteran

Munty

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 02:12 PM

Indeed very true JFish. We have to be careful though. It's way too early in the game to present psionics. Even on a very slight scale. We need to wait until we come up against aliens using Psionics before her skills kick in as sort of an uncontrollable defence or something...

#80 Snikers

Snikers

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 08:26 PM

Aaaawwww, not even a "hmm, I've got an odd feeling" line?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users