Times are changing

Loonie

Okay! Things are as such. I'm pretty much ready to return with XCGS, BUT the problem has recently arisen due to me also being part of a rocker band. And this rocker band happens to play every saturday for the next 4 WEEKS!!

So obviously a return to XCGS at this point, or quite likely also in the future, is very hard for me if I don't show up at the sims. :) Unless of course we schedule for a different sim time. So this is a poll that asks wether or not you could make it on sundays at the same time - 19:00 GMT. Really, I want to know how hard it would be for you to have sims on Sundays instead of Saturdays.

Votey votey pleasey! :)

Damn...that I forgot to mention. :)

DH and I are discussing about swapping the XCAS and XCGS times. So the thing is that any of you who are a part of XCAS try to think that factor away. IF XCAS changed ITS time to Saturday and XCGS changed it to Sunday, THEN would you have any problem.

Me thanks you for bearing with my forgetfulness in advance. :)

Just in case people are wondering, he HAS asked me, and we are discussing it. There are a number of advantages for XCAS to be shifted to Saturday on a more permanent basis - both Ghost and Strong_Bob cannot make Sundays. However, I'd have to check with my players as well, to see what they think.

As another suggestion, XCGS (and XCAS, for that matter) could just change to a different time, earlier on Saturday, for example.

That may be possible too on my end, but we'll see. Just so as everyone knows we'll be discussing all of this on this week and next week we'll get back to your regularly scheduled roleplay and simming. So make sure your voice is heard this week on this issue. :)

I'm in favor of switching to sundays, but my attendance would wind up being just about as spotty as with saturdays, since I'm very often away from the internet on weekends (at least in the middle of the day, I am). I think I've been on the computer about two or three saturdays in the last two months, just to put it in perspective. The point is don't schedule around me, I'll show up if I can. :)

Yes, you see, THAT has recently also seemed to turn up as a problem for me since my school has now decided to assign me some dance classes on the sunday and I STILL don't know at what time! :)

Try to think of the time as the default 19:00 GMT for now, though don't swear by it since we might alter that later on. But for now just think of it like that. :)

Very well then. I'll be around #XCGS tommorow at 19:00 GMT. I hope you still have time to see this, but in any event I'll be there with a practice sim in mind. Show up if you can. It'd be good to see how many of us can manage to come to the sim tommorow at that time so...try to show up please. :)

Just for the record here (I will post this on the XCAS board as well, just to make sure it's known.) I am now 100% certain I can NOT make sundays anymore. I requested better working hours at my job and they decided to use the weekend as a primary time filler. I convinced them to not touch Saturday, but it's also the same day I hold my weekly Pen and Paper roleplaying.

However, the chances of each roleplaying game actually occuring is about 50% each week. Being that the most critical member has an "On the Go" schedule, where I am left unaware whether or not plans are a go until Saturday morning. (Or even friday night. But since I'm working on Friday nights now... I can't account for even that.)

So yeah. I can certainly make roleplays, but it looks like I may have to move Scott into a position where he's not active during sim. And maybe I'll use Xigs on the occasions when I actually DO sim. (Or I may make yet another character to use instead... The thought of doing the rest of my sims from here on out as a total coward is not that attractive.)

All in all, I'll still do whatever I can for XCAS. But weekends are no longer reliable for me. Leave me out of consideration if you choose to change times permanently. :)

• 3 weeks later...