94 replies to this topic

#41 Ion Mage

Ion Mage

Summoner of Ion Cannons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:17 PM

Well, good news is, it seems my connection at college connects to #XCGS just fine, went there myself.  And if this post gets through, then that means I can participate in the forums while there as well.  Of course, I'll still be at home on weekends, but just a fallback... :)
Magic and technology combined....

#42 NickAragua

NickAragua

Near Lake Titikaka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 04:37 PM

Well, looks like I won't be able to make it this week after all.

::Echo... echo... echo... echo...::

#43 Ion Mage

Ion Mage

Summoner of Ion Cannons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 01:49 AM

Oh Fsck!  dammit, I knew I outright forgot something!  Dammit!  Argh!  Damn studying and vega strike and college summer classes screwing me up!

Alright, my college summer classes run from monday to thursday.  Now, that means my weekend begins on friday.  However, I am used moreso to simming on 'the first day of weekend' than I am to simming on saturday.  I know thats a crappy excuse, and it is, but its all my fault!  I seriously hope I didn't single-handedly slow down the sim!

#44 Loonie

Loonie

Lieutenant And Leader Of The X-Com Genesis Sim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 12:26 PM

Not to worry there Ion. You're not single-handedly doing it, we're aaaaaaall in it together kid.  :)
XCGS

Martin Kacur
Lieutenant and former CO of Alpha Squad
Reason: A mind-controlled Commander and a whiny outlook on life in general.

#45 greghannibal

greghannibal

Squaddie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 July 2004 - 02:48 AM

Well, to be honest with you Loony, I never see a briefing up anymore. And I really don't have the time to wait around all day to find out if theres a game or not. If you post it, I will come :)

#46 Zager

Zager

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:33 AM

Ditto. If a sim isn't scheduled a day or two before the date, then I won't be on when the time comes. I barely have enough free time as it is, I can't afford to waste it if I don't know for sure that there's going to be a sim.

#47 Ion Mage

Ion Mage

Summoner of Ion Cannons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:38 AM

Not that I intentionally missed the last sim, nor do I intend to in the future, I will admit, actually seeing the site updated will give me the idea that something might happen on saturday, meaning I would have a better time remembering.  And I doubt I'm the only one here like that.

#48 Loonie

Loonie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 03:10 PM

Okey dokey. Whilst I haul my ass and refurbish the site completely I don't have a sim for tommorow in mind. :) But however a roleplaying idea did spring up since it's now new years eve and it would be rather stupid not to say a word or two about it.

So tommorow I was thinking of having an IRC roleplay between the characters back at base. Should be worth something I'm sure so I hope as many of you can make it.

That should be all. Cheers.
XCGS

Martin Kacur

#49 NickAragua

NickAragua

Near Lake Titikaka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 03:47 PM

Hey man, remember, it doesn't have to be a block-buster movie premiere event every time. Whenever I was dry for ideas, I'd just run a UFO recovery or something. You can always throw in a plot twist on the fly. :)

With that in mind, I'm not going to be able to make this upcoming, uh, sim - a friend of mine who I rarely see anymore is in town, so we're going to hang out.

#50 Ion Mage

Ion Mage

Summoner of Ion Cannons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 01:30 AM

Okay, I have a bit of homework for my college summer courses.  I'm going to try and get as much done tommorrow as I can, but I can't guarantee I can fit the sim into my schedule.  I'll try, so don't be surprised if I'm there, but don't count on it either.

#51 NickAragua

NickAragua

Near Lake Titikaka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 03:45 PM

Just a heads up - I'll probably make it this saturday (the 31st), but won't be making it to the sim for the next two weeks. On the 7th, I'll be visiting a buddy in Washington DC, and on the 14th, my girlfriend is coming back from England. Looks like Harris might get shot up a little in the upcoming sim...

#52 Loonie

Loonie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 10:26 PM

Poor thing this Harris is. He's become XCGS's Jacko, only with less insanity and more ego. :)
XCGS

Martin Kacur

#53 Neorapsta

Neorapsta

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 12:36 AM

though a well placed 'i can't believe i shot myself in the foot' might come in handy

#54 Ion Mage

Ion Mage

Summoner of Ion Cannons

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:12 AM

Sounds comparable to the maniac from wing commander 1 and 2 turning into the maniac from wing commander 3, 4, and prophecy :)

#55 NickAragua

NickAragua

Near Lake Titikaka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 05:03 PM

Heh. Well, looks like I'm probably not going to make it today, either, assuming there's a sim. Heh. I guess that 10-meter fall was more damaging than Harris initially thought... I'll put up a post about it sometime soon.

#56 Jormugand

Jormugand

The Omniscient One

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 08:13 PM

Just so you know, I'm our new recruit. I missed today's sim because I was doing yardwork. Sorry... :/

#57 Zager

Zager

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 02:17 AM

Don't worry about it. There wasn't a sim today.

#58 Loonie

Loonie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:10 PM

Well there wasn't one because Ion, Greg and I didn't notice anyone else coming in Zager. :)

But in any event, there IS a sim on this sunday just so as to dismiss any second thoughts from people. And Jormugand check your Personal Messages. :)
XCGS

Martin Kacur

#59 Zager

Zager

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 12:22 PM

I got delayed, and couldn't get there until 2:10.

#60 Neorapsta

Neorapsta

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 05:25 PM

Could we please get updates more than 1/2 hours before the sim :)  As I don't get to check the web that often, i've got an entire game site/IRC channel to moderate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users