Why must you mock me, God?

Newbreed

Well this is the latest in a long series of crushed hopes on my part.

First there was the issue with the buffers then the svga error. But, I struggled through all this determined I would play this great game again.

Finally I find the patch on this site and install it with trembling hands.

I start the game and........... IT WORKS!

I send a few minutes re-organising my men and equipping my hover-bikes.

Suddenly an alert, with a spring in my step, I go merrily on my way to kick some alien ass when THE POXY GAME CRASHES TO THE DESKTOP.

It crashes everytime I start a battle, right before the agent teams screen comes up.

Did I install the patch wrong or can anyone help me?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can add to this bit of evidence. My C-media onboard Sound card makes my game do that too. Bloody thing!!! *Kills all in fit of anger*

I couldn't even use the setup program because if I clicked anything... computer freeze! reset! Argh! Scandisk! Argh again!

Anyway, I don't suppose a kind of emulation system is available for the sound card to make the computer think it's an SB16 or other compatible pieces of kit? I'd be happy to test it out for all our sakes :D

The problem is with the new cards I think, as a long time ago I had a C-Media 8330 and worked like marvel with every apps! but yes, C-Media and specially PC-CHIPS (mainboard manufacturer) are brands to avoid buying... Sis video cards too, except maybe the last model, I heard it was comparable to a GeForce 3...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...