Visual artist wanted!

Loonie

An important part of any sim are the pictures that come along with the story so as to give both players and non-players a better image of what the ambience and feeling of the sim is. And as it is right now XCGS would most DEFINATELY need visual artists!

Now I have already managed to get my hands on quite a few pictures myself through my sources, but there are lots of things in the sim whose pictures I could most definately still use. Now to be even more specific than this I'm talking about images of the weapons in the sim which are the most needed thing right now, though you could try drawing other things too if you really wish to.

So if you are a visual artist, even if you don't feel like writing for XCGS, and feel inspired enough by the idea proposed by XCGS to make some pictures, then please contact me over PM to find out about how you could best help me out by drawing, modelling or otherwise.

Thanks to all the people who respond to this in advance. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a working scanner and did a couple of concepts.

A Snakeman-Chrysallid hybrid, from the Genesis Chrysallid's ability to assume characteristics of the egg's host:

https://www.angelfire.com/psy/neorapsta/snakeman-hybrid_concept.jpg

And a X-com craft I just drew as a warmup, a kind of Skyranger-Interceptor hybrid:

https://www.angelfire.com/psy/neorapsta/craft_concept.jpg

As always comments and suggestions are welcome :)

• 1 month later...

A substantial amount comes from original X-Com Genesis artwork from Brian Hagans if I remember correctly as you can see quite a few of them are sketched pictures so I thought of using them was a priority. :)

Also from an array of other internet sources that I usually find via an Altavista or Yahoo image search. I also quite a few times paint or modify the pictures I can get off the internet, even if it does take some time. Still I'm not that good that I'd try to make a picture on my own heh. :)