With much sorrow...

Strong Bob

It is with deep sorrow that I inform you guys that I may be going on extended leave from XCAS. Between the fact that I can no longer remain coherent with current sim-times, a drastic change in my life this passing weekend, and the fact that I have a lot of things to do before attempting to send in college applications, I have little time for simming now. And to be honest, sometimes I sit back and dread doing some of the work. (Yeah, I've been working... I've been trying to write an XCAS story in my free time. Problem is, I've been writing the friggin' thing since April. Too many drafts...)

I'll still stop in from time to time, but I'm officially placing Scott and Xiggores in the hands of Derrick, DragonHawk, or anyone else that may desire to take them as their own. I certainly don't want to think of this as leaving XCAS outright, I really loved it here, in the long year since I've joined this sim. But I fear, if things go the way I expect, but certainly not hopefully, them to then I may not be returning.

I will finish the XCAS story, the best I can. Maybe, if Derrick could use some offloading, I'll do some UFOpedia entries on the side just to let you guys know I'm not gonna just let XCAS hang in the dust. I leave the bestowment of Alpha squad (Hazard Team) command on Derrick's shoulders, because I don't think he has enough pressure in his busy life already.

Just wanted everyone to know, XCAS was a real turnpoint in my life. When I originally joined this sim, I intended only to stay for a month or so, because I was making my own online roleplaying site as well. When plans for my own site bombed (Mainly because our graphics artist decided to take my money and refused to make what I wanted.) I ended up staying in XCAS anyway. I remember my first sim like yesterday... Loonie was GMing a prison break-out, featuring Jackson, Howardson, and the late Kacur as Scott's inmates. We all know Loonie, so of course all our characters were naked. That's where I made my first sim-kill... Scott wrestling in the nude with a Sectoid captor... God, if XCAS was a movie we'd only get buyers in Japan.

It was all great for me. From the bad to the good. From the Kacur-Scott feuds to the kinky sim to that god awful mining mission, which happened more than a year ago and I still can't get over it, I've had a life experience here that I likely would not have had anywhere else. I no longer regret that graphic artist running off with my money... If he had not, I would not meet great people like you.

Derrick, you're a great guy. And after last night, I consider you to be one of my closer friends despite the immense physical distance between us. I hope to one day meet you in person and maybe play a game of Battletech. Maybe you could show me how to do that Warhammer game you always talk about on your journal... Whatever. Maybe I should drop you a line via phone again. I'll record your voice and compare it to a french dude I know. :)

Lenart, exactly one year ago, I didn't like you much. I will admit that much at least. But I feel the bad blood is gone from my veins... Replaced with some fruity resin. I don't see you online anymore, I'd like to get in touch sometime. Maybe have a philosophical conversation about morality or politics or other such jargon.

German, I haven't talked to you in a while. Probably because you're busy with your own roleplaying board. But I'd like to say thank you for being someone to confide in, during times of stress for me. Granted, it's been a while since I've mentioned anything, but it still means something to me. If you come by around here next summer, like you mentioned before, give me a message beforehand. :)

Andrew Mckendry, if you even still read this... When you returned to the sim, within the first couple months of me joining, I didn't like where things were headed with the flawed staff. But then again, you were also the one that managed to keep more than 6 simmers around at a time... So maybe you were doing something right where I thought you were wrong. In any case, the fact you developed XCAS means I owe all this to you. I don't know you much at all, but I'd certainly have liked to. We really gotta talk about that mining mission though... Seriously.

And thanks a lot for the countless sims of fun, games, and hilarity. Not even alzheimer's could make me forget this place without a fight. And hey, I might come back in the future anyway, but that looks grim.

I'll still post here from time to time, maybe make one last roleplay. I have made plans to develop my own roleplaying forum, but it will not be nearly as structured as XCAS (Meaning, it's just a place to screw around.) so I won't be dropping off the face of the Earth.

I'll see you all around. I'm sorry for the suddeness of this event, but I feel it's time at last. Hopefully someday I'll finally post the whole secret behind Scott's dreadful past. :) You never know...

Take care bud. And to be perfectly frank on the note of your first sim and my GMing...did I really do that? Oh my! Those wild and lawless days. :)

Anyways I'll do my best to get online after my standard computer gets back up. Just look me up on ICQ, I'll most likely be contacting you very shortly myself as I'll be setting up a new number thanks to the old computer shit-crapping all the data again. :)

And you've really done damn well in XCAS. One of the key figures in its development no doubt. Not meaning to sound all paternly like or anything, but that's just to express how much your contribution really meant to me when we were both in XCAS. Heck the fights between Kacur and Scott I daresay were some of the best roleplays in the whole sim history...

So anyways, take care and I'll be sure to call you up soon. :)

Loonie, the last thing you need is another ICQ number. You always seem to have another one, hahaha. :)

Anyway Bob, we talked off-record already, but just wanted to say you're welcome to drop by whenever you're free. Your contribution to both Loonie's and my own administration have been invaluable, and I appreciate it. You settle your life down, you focus on what's important to conquer now, and feel free to wander back whenever you're ready. :)

Even though this isn't so unexpected, it still comes as a shock. It's sad to see you go almost for good, but I assure you we can understand your current situation. I hope you can sort things out and return, but if stuff doesn't turn out for your return, I'd like to bid you farewell and lotsa good luck. :)

Now I realize that we're slowly running out of members, and the absolute lack of recruits accelerates our downfall. I feel it's my duty as Propaganda Minister to supply greenies to the sim as soon as possible. That is, if Derrick gives me his permission. :)

All in all, good luck and take care, old brother-in-arms. B)

• 3 weeks later...
wow man...the academy awards would KILL to have somebody put out a speech that "well made"... i'm just pulling ur leg, anywho it sux to hear ur leaving us cause from the time i began, kacur and scott were the ones i paid the most attention too...i liked the whole thing happening there, but who the hell will control the way they fight now eh?...u are the only one who lived their lives the most, from what i've seen anyway....i have'nt been able to sim in quite a while but i don't intend for it to stay that way. BUT....it is saddening to hear this from u and i hope all goes well for u.